Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

GoFlight Cockpit Parts?

Guest groundpounder75

Have any of you fellow simmers tried any of the Goflight control panels? I am very interested in buying a few of the modules but I mainly fly the B744, Posky with PSS panel, and I was wondering if I can use these control panels with the PSS panel? Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest bones

Yep - excellent products. Nicely made, take only a couple of minutes to set up and work like a charm. You can change button assignments in seconds if you find the original options you set aren't quite to your liking.One word of warning - you need a spare USB port for each module.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Yes...I recommend a USB hub with power supply.Ulisses

Guest seev_39

Hi Arthur,GoFlight modules are great. Service and support are AAA.I bought 3 modules; GF-45, GF-P8 and GF-T8. The 45 and P8 enables you to control Auto-Pilot and radio functions without touching the keyboard and/or mouse. It gives you a realistic feeling. I use the T8 for lights (wing, strobe, panel, etc.)I didn't buy the case GoFlight offers for $50. Instead I built my own rack out of old computer case material. All you need are basic hand tools plus a jig saw (be careful to protect your eyes!!!).They also offer a special A/P module for $300, if you have the cash.Good luck and safe flying.Seev

Arthur,A word of warning about non-standard FS aircraft and their autopilots. The GoFlight AP unit cannot control the PSS aircraft, 767PIC or DreamFleet 737 as they use non-standard autopilots. It will work well with aircraft that use the default FS autopilot.I have 2 x GF166, 1 x P8 and 1 x GF-LGT and these can be used well with any aircraft. Comms and Nav radios share common controls as does the GF-LGT which has a trim wheel, Gear lever and flap controls.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest groundpounder75

Thanks for all the great information guys. So what option would I have if I would like to use the GoFlight panels and still fly the Posky 744? I don't like the default 744 panel, so would the panels work with the Project Magenta software, i.e. autopilot? I don't really understand how the Project Magenta software works with FS and if any external hardware can control the Project Magenta MCP or FMC?

Art:To put it simply, the project Magenta software is best used for multiple monitor systems, where you can, by using WIDEFS software, send just your FMS for example, to one screen while maintaining the main panel on your forward view. Check the project Magenta site or ask for help in the forums here.Hope That Helps, http://www.expedia.com/pubspec/images/airlines/smNW.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Arthur,You can use the GF-LGT and GF45 or GF166 units safely and these won't interfere with PM if you decide on that.As for PM you should be aware that it's best used on multiple networked PCs - not just multiple monitors as it runs separate executable programs. Running on a single PC will cause FS to lose focus as well as affecting performance. Nice software but very expensive.If you want to invest in some hardware check these sites:www.flypfc.comwww.mcp747.comI have the 747MCP and use it to control the 767PIC. Great kit!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather