Sign in to follow this  
siggy

Photo of Aces Team

For those interested, Paul Lange added a photo of the Aces team to his blog:http://paul-flightsimguy.spaces.live.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------I just scrolled down to view the ACES group picture. I sat there, for a few moments and looked at each and every face. Not merely a collage of people...but each and every one, with hopes, family, careers, and great responsibilities to those family members. I had to wipe my eyes. The total sum of the Aces Studio...isn't about a product they work on, or...had worked on. No...it is about people. People who recently were told they have lost their source of income, and their project(s) are to be shelved.To hell with myself 'fretting' over the continuance of MSFS. I will now keep those persons in my prayers, and hope they quickly find something, anything to start the flow of income once more. Whatever will happen with our Hobby, will happen in its own timeline. Let's all of us, wish these people...and for that fact, ALL PERSONS who have been deeply affected by the Recession/Depression, quick-finding help, and future good luck!Any of us, could be the next person to be called in...or emailed...and let go. Any of us....God Bless all.....and I hope you recover quickly!!!!!!!Mitch R.

I just scrolled down to view the ACES group picture. I sat there, for a few moments and looked at each and every face. Not merely a collage of people...but each and every one, with hopes, family, careers, and great responsibilities to those family members. I had to wipe my eyes. The total sum of the Aces Studio...isn't about a product they work on, or...had worked on. No...it is about people. People who recently were told they have lost their source of income, and their project(s) are to be shelved.To hell with myself 'fretting' over the continuance of MSFS. I will now keep those persons in my prayers, and hope they quickly find something, anything to start the flow of income once more. Whatever will happen with our Hobby, will happen in its own timeline. Let's all of us, wish these people...and for that fact, ALL PERSONS who have been deeply affected by the Recession/Depression, quick-finding help, and future good luck!Any of us, could be the next person to be called in...or emailed...and let go. Any of us....God Bless all.....and I hope you recover quickly!!!!!!!Mitch R.
+1Your statement summarizes everything I would want to say.

Me too. And so does Hal Bryan's last (?) and very simple post on his bloghttp://halbryan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns&a...!1892.entry
What strikes me most about this photo is that everyone is clearly trying to put on a brave face, at what for most of them must be a time of desperate anxiety.The sight of decent people like this suddenly out of work really does bring home just what a big mess we're in. It offends one's sense of fair play that the lives of ordinary people should be thrown onto a pyre of uncertainty, when the people responsible for the really big mistakes - systemic failures of regulation, profligate tax and/or unsustainable public spending programmes, reckless leveraging, irresponsible speculation, etc - are so seldom held to account.I hope everyone at ACES, and everyone else at the blunt end of these troubled and essentially unfair times, can quickly get back on his or her feet.Tim

Guest Locksta

I see alot of you guys are looking on things in quite of a negative way, as alot of people are on all of this Recession situation the world is in. Its just the times, I have lived in an ex comunistic country which has survived things like this afew times. You can't say what the day after this 'storm' is gone will be like.. things may get better. On the other hand, it is sad to see all those people loose their jobs. They are a tiny fraction of the rise of unemployment in the past couple of years.Sign of the times...