Sign in to follow this  
flyguy101

Aeroworx KA200 in FSX

Hey guys. I am totally ready to can fs2004. The only thing that stops me is that i only fly Aeroworx KA200. I would therefore like to know if there are any who can help me importing it to FSXDennis Vogelius

Hey guys. I am totally ready to can fs2004. The only thing that stops me is that i only fly Aeroworx KA200. I would therefore like to know if there are any who can help me importing it to FSXDennis Vogelius
What problems are you having? I copied the Aeroworx KA200 file directly from fs9 to fsx; the aircraft appears and looks fine, except for the prop spin which is not difficult to fix. However, the 2D panel does not appear, and the 3D panel is there but quirky. I'm working on it.
What problems are you having? I copied the Aeroworx KA200 file directly from fs9 to fsx; the aircraft appears and looks good, except for the prop spin which is not difficult to fix. However, the 2D panel does not appear, and the 3D panel is there but quirky. I'm working on it.

What problems are you having? I copied the Aeroworx KA200 file directly from fs9 to fsx; the aircraft appears and looks fine, except for the prop spin which is not difficult to fix. However, the 2D panel does not appear, and the 3D panel is there but quirky. I'm working on it.What problems are you having? I copied the Aeroworx KA200 file directly from fs9 to fsx; the aircraft appears and looks good, except for the prop spin which is not difficult to fix. However, the 2D panel does not appear, and the 3D panel is there but quirky. I'm working on it.
I am really not sure what files to copy. so any help would be appreciated.Dennis

I am really not sure what files to copy. so any help would be appreciated.Dennis
I can tell you what I've done thus far, which allows me to at least fly the airplane, despite the panel problems I'm still working on. In the FS9 "Aircraft" folder, I copied the "Aeroworx Super King Air B200" folder to the "Airplanes" folder in FSX -- it's in the "SimObjects" folder. In the main FS9 folder, I went to the "Gauges" folder and copied "awb2001 - 10" and the three "AWX" gauge files (13 total) to the "Gauges" file in FSX. From the "Effects" folder in the main FS9 folder, I copied all the "fx awxb200" files (about 22 of them) to the "Effects" folder in FSX. I also copied the "Aeroworx" folder in the main FS9 folder over to the main FSX folder; I don't know what that folder does, but it seemed sensible to copy it to FSX with everything else. The first time you select the KA200 for a flight in FSX you'll be asked whether you trust the gauges and want to use them; click the "yes" box for each. Good luck. It is a great airplane.

Dennis, you can get a lot of tips on porting over the KA200 to FSX from the Aeroworx support forum here: http://www.aeroworx.com/smf/index.php

Dennis, you can get a lot of tips on porting over the KA200 to FSX from the Aeroworx support forum here: http://www.aeroworx.com/smf/index.php
Guys, i have now ported the aircraft over to FSX. Unfortunately there are some of the instruments that are not showing up. they are not even clickable. Any good advicesdennis

Guys, i have now ported the aircraft over to FSX. Unfortunately there are some of the instruments that are not showing up. they are not even clickable. Any good advicesdennis
According to what I read on the Aeroworx forum at the site provided by kjackson, we are stuck with this panel problem until work on the all new FSX version of the KA200 is completed. Several KA200 users have posted questions about the problem, but no immediate solutions are offered. Here's a quick 'n dirty solution that will put a good working panel in the aircraft and let you fly. In the Aeroworx KA200 aircraft file, create a new folder, then cut and paste all the panel files (6 of them) into that new folder. Next, copy the panel folder from the default King Air 350 into the Aeroworx KA200 folder. This will give you one flyable KA200 (N109GF) with a 2D panel that works. If you know anything about editing panel cfg. files, you can probably make some small changes and get other versions of the aircraft to show up on the selection list.

According to what I read on the Aeroworx forum at the site provided by kjackson, we are stuck with this panel problem until work on the all new FSX version of the KA200 is completed. Several KA200 users have posted questions about the problem, but no immediate solutions are offered. Here's a quick 'n dirty solution that will put a good working panel in the aircraft and let you fly. In the Aeroworx KA200 aircraft file, create a new folder, then cut and paste all the panel files (6 of them) into that new folder. Next, copy the panel folder from the default King Air 350 into the Aeroworx KA200 folder. This will give you one flyable KA200 (N109GF) with a 2D panel that works. If you know anything about editing panel cfg. files, you can probably make some small changes and get other versions of the aircraft to show up on the selection list.
Thank you guys for these posts on the Aeroworx King Air. I have had a great time with my port to FSX. The only hang-up I find besides the fuzzy prop texture is that the main panel disappears whenever I select any of the pop-up panels. I then have to select PIC VFR from the View, Main Panel menus and the main panel comes back. The more I use the VC, the less I am inclined to use the 2D panels. There might be something I can change in the panel.cfg. Also, using the EFIS cockpit, I have no TCAS/VSI gauge at all. I might swap this one with the analogue VSI. Everything else so far seems to work fine. Keith

Keith Guillory

Hello Dennis:Flys and looks great to me with the following concession and confesstion.If you are a 3d Virtual Panel purest, you are on your on, although you may be able to get it to work as well. I fly almost 100% with 2d panels, and what I have done applies only to them. Surely SOME of the same approach might apply to the 3d panel.It has been some time since I picked the B200 for a flight, so this old memory will have to examine what I have and scratch my behind a bit, but if you are interested, I will email you what I have. As I do on just about all such imports for FSX, I made some edits in order to get everything to work to my satisfaction. If you would like a copy of my files, email me at the following:rthodgestoo@verizon.net.This is one of my favorite birds, but thankfully, there are so many now. It has to wait its turn.All this being said, my suggestion would be cautious of removing FS9. Of late, I find myself migrating back that direction for flights out of NY to complex locations across the pond in intense birds with bad weather and all sliders full right. In addition to that, there are many edits (gauges and the like) that I use for modification of FSX panels etc.Good luck:RTH