Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Panel Zooms

Is there any way to have the subpanel views (key A) default to the longest (least magnification) view ? They always have the "closest" view of these sub-views on opening until they are changed (-). The closest views are usually not the most appropriate for viewing.Dave Hinson

Is there any way to have the subpanel views (key A) default to the longest (least magnification) view ? They always have the "closest" view of these sub-views on opening until they are changed (-). The closest views are usually not the most appropriate for viewing.Dave Hinson
Try opening the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad.Look for Camera definitions and adjust the initial zoom value.

Bert

Try opening the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad.Look for Camera definitions and adjust the initial zoom value.
Thanks, Bert. Figured it was something like that, but just haven't gotten around to looking for it. Now I know.Dave

Dave,many hours of SDK reading and experimentation have given me these guidelines-Reloading a saved flight should continue EXACTLY where you left off (including camera settings - and zoom)A created flight gets standard camera settings from default flight. Edit one of these values and see for yourself.If an aircraft has cameras that the default flight does not have, I think those cameras will start at the "Initial" settings. "No track" cameras start facing North.InitialZoom (and such values) are the RESET values if there is some other starting value - as in a saved flight.Other tips: add "CycleHidden = True" to the end of camera definitions that you DO NOT want to show up with "S" and "A" key; you still can select from menu or HotKeys.Reorder (and renumber) custom aircraft views if you want to view in a different order.Category "Custom" is valid if you want to group little-used or experimental views into their own groupDefault Camera XYZ speed is 0.25m/sec. Add xyzRate=3 ( 3m/sec or some such value ) to outside views to get more useful speed of movement.I suspect that a default flight with NO saved camera parameters would load with all "initial" values based on the camera definitions - never actually tried that one...Hope this helpsLoyd

Dave,many hours of SDK reading and experimentation have given me these guidelines-Reloading a saved flight should continue EXACTLY where you left off (including camera settings - and zoom)A created flight gets standard camera settings from default flight. Edit one of these values and see for yourself.If an aircraft has cameras that the default flight does not have, I think those cameras will start at the "Initial" settings. "No track" cameras start facing North.InitialZoom (and such values) are the RESET values if there is some other starting value - as in a saved flight.Other tips: add "CycleHidden = True" to the end of camera definitions that you DO NOT want to show up with "S" and "A" key; you still can select from menu or HotKeys.Reorder (and renumber) custom aircraft views if you want to view in a different order.Category "Custom" is valid if you want to group little-used or experimental views into their own groupDefault Camera XYZ speed is 0.25m/sec. Add xyzRate=3 ( 3m/sec or some such value ) to outside views to get more useful speed of movement.I suspect that a default flight with NO saved camera parameters would load with all "initial" values based on the camera definitions - never actually tried that one...Hope this helpsLoyd
Very interesting, Loyd. Especially about getting rid of those "tower views" that I never use. Thanks.Dave