Sign in to follow this  
whiskeybravo

weather/enviornment addons

Firstly,may I wish all the ex ACES staff good luck in finding alternative employment,hopefully better times will be back (wish I had a crystal ball!).In the meantime we simmers should just enjoy and fly their legacy.With that off my chest, can I draw on your experiences with any of the following as I plan to purchase a weather/environment type package (not really bothered about real time weather,but want realistic textures)FEXREXThe new Zinertek Weather FXThe Aero Files stuffAny info would be greatfully receivedRegardsWhiskeyBravo

Firstly,may I wish all the ex ACES staff good luck in finding alternative employment,hopefully better times will be back (wish I had a crystal ball!).In the meantime we simmers should just enjoy and fly their legacy.With that off my chest, can I draw on your experiences with any of the following as I plan to purchase a weather/environment type package (not really bothered about real time weather,but want realistic textures)FEXREXThe new Zinertek Weather FXThe Aero Files stuffAny info would be greatfully receivedRegardsWhiskeyBravo
I just posted my FS-X version of "Soft Horizons" in the file library. I think you'll find it enhances the appearance of clouds and low vis conditions. You might want to try that out until you settle on one of the more sophisticated packages. "Soft Horizons" should also work with any enhanced cloud bmps for FS-X, although it's not compatible with alternative environment or sky enhancements since most such packages share the same textures. I've tried to make the uninstall of SH painless if you choose to return to the default textures--I include a cmd file which backs up the defaults, which you can restore whenever you wish.Regards,John

I just posted my FS-X version of "Soft Horizons" in the file library. I think you'll find it enhances the appearance of clouds and low vis conditions. You might want to try that out until you settle on one of the more sophisticated packages. "Soft Horizons" should also work with any enhanced cloud bmps for FS-X, although it's not compatible with alternative environment or sky enhancements since most such packages share the same textures. I've tried to make the uninstall of SH painless if you choose to return to the default textures--I include a cmd file which backs up the defaults, which you can restore whenever you wish.Regards,John
Hi JohnBeat you to it,I've already downloaded but have yet to install.Look forward to trying them.thanksWhiskeyBravo

Guest PPSFA

You missed a few, GEX and UTX. My stuuf is in my sig and I wouldn't leave home without them :-)