Sign in to follow this  
lulupaca

Wishlist for the next MD11 patch

Here's a couple of suggestions that I think would make a few people happy :( if they were implemented with the next patch.- Better handling of wind shifts (even with FSUIPC's "wind smooth" on)- Take-off trim settings (I believe this issue is being addressed) Does anybody have any more suggestions to add to the list?

"- Better handling of wind shifts (even with FSUIPC's "wind smooth" on)"Yeah, I'm sure many more than a few people would be happy if they figured out how to fix that without making it fly like one of the default airplanes. Wow... that would be something.Meanwhile, revisit your FSUIPC settings. The problem is almost not a problem for me anymore... gotta be agressive with the settings and turn off any turbulence features.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Totalbeginner

I would like to see the following:1) Correction to takeoff trim settings.2) A fix to prevent flight-idle from inhibiting spoilers and ABS on touchdown (landing with ATS disconnected).3) Smoother pitch changes by the autopilot.4) New glideslope logic allows the G/S to be captured from above. At present, the aircraft leaves it's current pitch mode irrespective of scale deflection and dives!5) Fade in and out of the "electrical sound" (When power is connected to the bus).Lastly (and this is not really a fix), I would love to have a zoom panel, like in the 744. There's a bit of wasted space around the displays and I would prefer it to be filled with larger, high-res displays.Regards,Martin Neep

5) Fade in and out of the "electrical sound" (When power is connected to the bus).
Martin,those sounds do not fade in or out on the real aircraft. However some additional sounds are planned for start-up and shutdown with the generators to make it even more real.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I would like to see the following:1) Correction to takeoff trim settings.2) A fix to prevent flight-idle from inhibiting spoilers and ABS on touchdown (landing with ATS disconnected).3) Smoother pitch changes by the autopilot.4) New glideslope logic allows the G/S to be captured from above. At present, the aircraft leaves it's current pitch mode irrespective of scale deflection and dives!5) Fade in and out of the "electrical sound" (When power is connected to the bus).Lastly (and this is not really a fix), I would love to have a zoom panel, like in the 744. There's a bit of wasted space around the displays and I would prefer it to be filled with larger, high-res displays.Regards,Martin Neep
Martin,If I may add to your list:6) Correct alignment of CDI course in VOR and APPR ND mode, making it independent of crosswind component.Regards,Harry

"- Better handling of wind shifts (even with FSUIPC's "wind smooth" on)"I concur with Dan, to add if you

Guest Alias
"- Better handling of wind shifts (even with FSUIPC's "wind smooth" on)"Yeah, I'm sure many more than a few people would be happy if they figured out how to fix that without making it fly like one of the default airplanes. Wow... that would be something.Meanwhile, revisit your FSUIPC settings. The problem is almost not a problem for me anymore... gotta be agressive with the settings and turn off any turbulence features.
Dan,could you post your FSUIPC settings please?Thanks

Guest Totalbeginner
Martin,those sounds do not fade in or out on the real aircraft.
Oops, forget that one then. See, this sim is too realistic for it's own good :(

And my little suggestions are:1) 3D cockpit: Pointer of Brake Pressure gauge not visible at night time2) 3D cockpit: At daytime the sky is shining through the overhead panel sections3) 3D cockpit: Audiopanel. No NAV Radio Ident possible. Ident button not to push. Buttons don

Guest cfgarrod

I'd like to be able in virtual cockpit to look across and see a copilot in the other seat. After all he does talk to me a lot ('80Kts, 'Spoilers Deployed' etc.)Years ago this was provided by Captain Sim in the Legendary 707, he was sitting there reading the checklist.I think it would add greatly to the realism. Maybe also the possibility to get out of the seat and go through the cabin, like in the JustFlight Lancaster.Chris G

I'd like to be able in virtual cockpit to look across and see a copilot in the other seat. After all he does talk to me a lot ('80Kts, 'Spoilers Deployed' etc.)Years ago this was provided by Captain Sim in the Legendary 707, he was sitting there reading the checklist.I think it would add greatly to the realism. Maybe also the possibility to get out of the seat and go through the cabin, like in the JustFlight Lancaster.Chris G
Hi Chris!As I understand it, one could have FsCrew as F/O and for walking around in the flightdeck,one could choose between Active Camera (FS9), or Walk and Follow (FS9 and FSX)Pax cabin, had PMDG excluded, because high priority of perfomance as I understood it./ Leffe :(

And my little suggestions are:1) 3D cockpit: Pointer of Brake Pressure gauge not visible at night time2) 3D cockpit: At daytime the sky is shining through the overhead panel sections3) 3D cockpit: Audiopanel. No NAV Radio Ident possible. Ident button not to push. Buttons don

Guest Peertjeheavyjet

I would like to add some notes for mayby the next update:- When power up the aircraft i mis the double wheep with the lady say: "AutoPilot"- At the FSX version there is some APU sound from outside, but in the FS9.1 version there is no sound at all on the outside.- Mayby it is the setting in my config, but the windsound and aircraft sounds are so loud that i can't hear my FS2crew al the time. Our is this something i need to put in the FS2crew forum?I hope i put some sense here because it's rather late here in the Netherlands.Well keep up the GREAT work!Peter

For myself1) the fix for the takeoff roll on both versions.2) EPR added to the engine gauges in FS9 version (if possibe)3) fix for the changing loudness of sound when looking left or right in 2d for FS9.4) Dome light in VC mode less subtle.5) Nothing to do with pmdg but navigraph writing better approaches to stop the 'ok, I'll shortcut to that fix' lol That one is already fixed in most cases by Dan and Planepath bloke (sorry, can't remember the name, doh!)6) and NO, I'm NOT going to say wingviews in FS9 Michael lol :( Everything else is simply perfect in my humble opinion.John Ellison

For myself1) the fix for the takeoff roll on both versions.2) EPR added to the engine gauges in FS9 version (if possibe)John Ellison
What fix for take-off roll??I have EPR in my FS9 EAD. Are you flying the GE variant? Fly the P&W and it'll be there.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired