Sign in to follow this  
lulupaca

Wishlist for the next MD11 patch

My only request was a simple one, but I'm not sure if it can be done now. I asked a long time ago for the marker idents to fade in and out as they would on a real aircraft. At least all the ones I've heard do. Maybe the MD-11 doesn't?Also, was the Stall CAWS warning from the old DC-9/MD-80s not carried over to the MD-11? Not that I plan on stalling, but I'm curious?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

- When power up the aircraft i mis the double wheep with the lady say: "AutoPilot"
This one is already planned for an upcoming update.
Also, was the Stall CAWS warning from the old DC-9/MD-80s not carried over to the MD-11? Not that I plan on stalling, but I'm curious?
There's no callout on the real aircraft when stalling the MD-11.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

3) fix for the changing loudness of sound when looking left or right in 2d for FS9.
Hi John,Are you refering to the inflight wind sound? The wind sound volume effect when moving eyepoint is a hard coded "feature" of FS - I don't think there is any way to stop this effect.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

- At the FSX version there is some APU sound from outside, but in the FS9.1 version there is no sound at all on the outside.
Hi Peter - hmm, there shouldn't be an APU sound in any version! We still haven't worked out how to do this properly, so it's on the "to do" list. What you heard in FSX is more likely a quirk of that version. When it happens next time press "Q" twice to reset the sounds, that should make the FSX behaviour the same as FS9!
- Mayby it is the setting in my config, but the windsound and aircraft sounds are so loud that i can't hear my FS2crew al the time. Our is this something i need to put in the FS2crew forum?
We spent alot of effort getting the MD-11 sound mix to be as close as possible to the real thing - one important requirement is that all FS and PMDG sound volume settings are set to default values for the most realistic sound performance. The wind should not sound overpoweringly loud, maybe you changed the FS sound volume settings in the past for another aircraft? Anyway, you have full control over the wind volume setting by going to the FS9 or FSX sound menu and adjusting it to your tastes. Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Cheers Armen for stating the FS9 sound hard coded issue, didn't realise that, thanksAnd to Chris... yep, just realised it's not on the GE model lol..... case of foot in mouth :( I'd better add the ASX/ASA wind issue but I know this is a work in progress.John Ellison

Guest Alias

Hi,like others already say the following:1 - Autobrakes when performing manual landing;2 - G/S logic improved (sometimes she climbs like a rocket to catch the G/S)3 - smoother AP reactions especially during Autoland and in wind sheer conditions.Thanks :(

Meanwhile, revisit your FSUIPC settings. The problem is almost not a problem for me anymore... gotta be agressive with the settings and turn off any turbulence features.
Hi Dan, yes I have turbulence turned off and have FSUIPC set to change the wind at 1deg/knot each 5-10 sec or so. Still the pitch mode can't keep up with the wind shift when I'm climbing through strong wind layers. Many times the speed keeps going down until the plane enters the low-speed protection mode. I could set FSUIPC to change slowly change winds each 20+sec. but that's not very realistic, I might as well fly with no winds at all. Not to mention when you come for landing and there's a moderate wind shift at 4000-3000 ft above the airfield, the wind will still be slowly changing to the reported surface wind, as I have experienced a couple of times. I hope PMDG can fix this problem with the next patch and give more realism to our flights! :(

I could set FSUIPC to change slowly change winds each 20+sec. but that's not very realistic,
I don't think any of us can have a clue what is "realistic" and what is not, 10 sec or 20 sec or even 30. MD11 like every aircraft has its surface drag area & coefficients and if PMDG modeled those values correctly then there is nothing more for them to do - it is either poorly delivered winds (which I think is the case) or indeed extreme winds can cause slight upset.

PMDG MD-11 FSX is great! I think the PMDG MD-11 FSX is the best among the PMDG 747-400X and LVLD 767. Although the MD-11 is the worst one only about the Polar Route Navigation, LVLD 767 is the best.I have already prepared my 'North Pole Flight' in accordance with the 'Polar Navigation' of FMS Operating Manual (FMS.100.32):PANC - N73 00.0/W150 00.0 - N89 58.0/W150 00.0 - N89 50.0/E030 00.0 - N73 00.0/E150 00.0 - EFHKI expect most precise Polar Route Navigation to the MD-11. I hope that Michael's words below will be realized. " - - - the polar navigation functionality is not implemented in the current version of the MD-11. It was on our list but didn't make it for the release version. We add it in the next update."Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

This problem is too difficult for me, I hope to remake the V/C Cameras only as same as PMDG 747-400X to use WalkAndFollow which is very useful.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest keiron

I'd like to see some better strobe lights included in the next patch :(

Hi, 3 small issues:- the difference in N1 between Flaps 35 + Flaps 50 should be around 7% ( GE ENGs)- the gear extends to quickly- as an example on an regular ILS APPR it would take around as much as 350ft descending, until the gear is extended- LVL 0 Alert while on GND with Anti Ice All ON, the Alert is not showing, selecting the AIR SD Page, the logic is correct (meaning ENG A/I is on, Wing+Tail is NOT on until airborne)- to make it clear: the LVL 0 Alert: "Anti Ice All ON" should be displayed on GND already.Thanks :( TOM

This problem is too difficult for me, I hope to remake the V/C Cameras only as same as PMDG 747-400X to use WalkAndFollow which is very useful.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Maybe, I shouldn't hope for it. The cause of it seems to be "Most MSFS add-on aircraft use the erroneouse MSFS concept of placing the model's reference point in the center of the airplan." in the PILOT INTRODUCTION (0.00.58), and WalkAndFollpw is the same, too.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest donniecs

FS9.1-Auto brake unable to disarm on rollout