Sign in to follow this  
Guest davefett

ImagineSim KIAD

Guest j0nx

Still no reply from IS re: this issue. Since it's a long holiday I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I expect a fix or a refund, one or the other.

Still no reply from IS re: this issue. Since it's a long holiday I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I expect a fix or a refund, one or the other.
I have deactivated KIAD from the scenery library as the frame rates are unsuitable for my simulator usage. I have been wishing for some time that the Acceleration issue would be resolved by now, but it appears that they are perhaps too busy or unmotivated to do anything about it. Very frustrating, since KIAD occupies a very special place in my heart.

Ryan Kelly

Guest j0nx

I agree. I am 5 miles from KIAD and it is a fantastic airport. They did an amazing job on it too. Even the traffic exits and road signs, parking lots, etc are all identical to the real thing. It's too bad the frame rate is terrible. I downloaded and installed fsdreamteam's mccarran intl. and it runs like a top with no slow down issues at all unlike the IS KIAD. There is also no flickering on the mccarran product unlike the KIAD product. I get ridiculous shimmering on KIAD. Still no word from these guys so far either. Looks like I will have to work through flight1 to resolve this. Buyer beware when it comes to imaginesim.

Guest airbrakes
I agree. I am 5 miles from KIAD and it is a fantastic airport. They did an amazing job on it too. Even the traffic exits and road signs, parking lots, etc are all identical to the real thing. It's too bad the frame rate is terrible. I downloaded and installed fsdreamteam's mccarran intl. and it runs like a top with no slow down issues at all unlike the IS KIAD. There is also no flickering on the mccarran product unlike the KIAD product. I get ridiculous shimmering on KIAD. Still no word from these guys so far either. Looks like I will have to work through flight1 to resolve this. Buyer beware when it comes to imaginesim.
I have had the same experience as well. I am also a few miles from Dulles and really enjoy the airport. My guess is that with the small vendor/developers, they just don't have the skills for bugs that are complex, when it doesn't work out of the gate. But that's no excuse. If they know there is a problem it should be dealt with immediately.

I wonder how this KIAD stacks up against the other one that was produced by BluePrint for about 1/2 the price for performance. I have the ImagineSim demo ready to activate, but it looks questionable right now. Keith

Keith Guillory

Just chiming in to say that I have the SAME problem and it is very frustrating. The nighttime frames are horrible. I had to turn the scenery off too.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Just chiming in to say that I have the SAME problem and it is very frustrating. The nighttime frames are horrible. I had to turn the scenery off too.
UPDATE: I purchased the BluePrint KIAD and I am much happier with the frame rates in that package. Frankly, I don't think the BluePrint version is all that inferior.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

UPDATE: I purchased the BluePrint KIAD and I am much happier with the frame rates in that package. Frankly, I don't think the BluePrint version is all that inferior.
I'm glad to hear of your satisfaction with BluePrint's KIAD. I think I will buy this as well. It appears that it has completed taxiways to Rwy 1L where I could not tell from the ImagesSim version. I am curious, does Blueprint have moving airport ground vehicles such as the transports that move between the concourses? I haven't looked lately, but I remember seeing a fifth runway proposed as 30L/12R. It would be neat to see this update in progress as an airport expansion pack. I can probably do this with some scenery design editor. Now my curiosity is for a KDCA Reagan National for FSX as well.Keith

Keith Guillory

I have this scenery also and was curious as to what impact it had on my system. Taking off from IAD (active runway) I noticed that in the cockpit, I had around 15 or so FPS. After takeoff, I flew around the airport before heading to the northeast. I still had double digit FPS. When I went to outside view and looked back towards the airport, framerates dropped down to single digits. Looking away from brought the frames back up.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

To anyone looking for a very nice freeware KIAD, I would suggest searching for files by "kagazi" the author's name. He has released several freeware airports, including a reworked Dulles with the updated runways/taxiways/approaches and has added CW functionality.

Regards, Kendall

Guest j0nx

Imaginesim so far has not responded to any of my requests for support via email. I have to say that I am disappointed with this company and will never purchase from them again. Their KIAD is unusable imo and I will most likely work through flight1 and my credit card company to get refunded unless I hear by IS by Friday with some sort of solution to this issue. Between the horrible performance and the insane shimmering on all the buildings it really ruins what is a superbly rendered and accurate airport environment. I was put off by blueprint's KIAD from all the negative reviews I read about it so I decided to go with IS. Looks like I may have chosen poorly.

Guest j0nx

They emailed me back and told me that I should work through flight1 to get refunded and that there are thousands of other IS customers satisfied with their products. Maybe I am just unlucky. I think I will try the freeware IAD first and if I don't like that then I will try blueprint's product.

As I said, I would take a look at other IS airports and see what impact they have at night in FSX. All appear to drop in framerates to some extent. I do not know why. The odd thing I found are transparent textures where you can see trees and clouds through the buildings as seen here.iad.jpgThis happens at Dulles, Atlanta and Cincinnati. LaGuardia, Kansas City and Nassau all have solid textures. I didn't check out Charlotte though.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Guest j0nx

I bought and installed the blueprint version tonight and it is most excellent after applying the 3 patches in order. The base version is so-so but the patches really add and fix a lot. Only one problem left, and it is very annoying, is that on the north side of the concourse there are 3 or 4 parking garages that float about 30 feet above the ground which is very distracting. I emailed them to see if there is a fix for that because it really tarnishes what is an absolutely excellent KIAD. MUCH better fps than Imaginesim's version as well. No moving vehicles but honestly that can be more of a nuisance anyway. Either way well worth 15 bucks.

I haven't seen the floating parking spaces myself, I'll have to double check on that. Frankly I really don't like ImagineSim's "ring-around-the-rosie" carousel of service vehicles. I don't see why ImagineSim didn't just leave the default vehicle traffic in (assuming FSX of course). I still run ImagineSim's TJSJ and the service vehicles detract from the scenery.

Jeff Bea