Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz123

saitek

Guest chezz123

Hi,This is a follow-up post regarding saitek pro flight panel and i was wondering if somebody can make a .dll to map the control with FLY2.thankschris_CA

Hi,This is a follow-up post regarding saitek pro flight panel and i was wondering if somebody can make a .dll to map the control with FLY2.thankschris_CA
G'day Chris,Do you actually have the Saitek pro flight panel. I am curious as I was under the impression that you could map it using the built in mapping feature of Fly! II. Is this not the case??I have the pro flight yoke and throttle quadrant and both of these can be mapped using Fly! II 's keys and buttons options. I was going to get the rudder pedals but when I went back to the shop 2 weeks after buying the yoke I was aghast to find out there was a 25% increase in the price. A pure rip-off. I voted with my wallet and bought a 24" lcd monitor instead. A much more practical purchase. Tough luck Saitek.

Guest chezz123
G'day Chris,Do you actually have the Saitek pro flight panel. I am curious as I was under the impression that you could map it using the built in mapping feature of Fly! II. Is this not the case??I have the pro flight yoke and throttle quadrant and both of these can be mapped using Fly! II 's keys and buttons options. I was going to get the rudder pedals but when I went back to the shop 2 weeks after buying the yoke I was aghast to find out there was a 25% increase in the price. A pure rip-off. I voted with my wallet and bought a 24" lcd monitor instead. A much more practical purchase. Tough luck Saitek.
Hi Mr. Roger,Yes I have the saitek pro flight panel, CH yoke, CH rudder, and CH flight stick. All the CH products are showing in the FLY2 except the saitek. I disconnected the CH combat stick hoping that the saitek will show up but to no avail. I think the saitek proflight panel was specifically programmed for FSX. Anybody have the saitek panel and have them work with FLY2? I hope something can be done about it.still flies FLY2 a lot.thankschris_CA

Hi Mr. Roger,Yes I have the saitek pro flight panel, CH yoke, CH rudder, and CH flight stick. All the CH products are showing in the FLY2 except the saitek. I disconnected the CH combat stick hoping that the saitek will show up but to no avail. I think the saitek proflight panel was specifically programmed for FSX. Anybody have the saitek panel and have them work with FLY2? I hope something can be done about it.still flies FLY2 a lot.thankschris_CA
G'day Chris,Yes the Saiteck panel is specifically programmed for the MS simulator but is that done internally within the panel or via a driver that you have to load from a CD? If it's the latter have you tried not loading the driver.Fly! II is quite happy to recognise multiple controllers from different manufacturers. I have the Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant and also the Thrustmaster afterburner joystick and throttle pluged in to my system and can allocate any feature to either system. Of course you can't have the same feature operated simultaneously by both controllers.Since there are multiple PC flight sims it seems strange that Saitek would limit their panel to only one sim, albeit the most common.

Guest chezz123
G'day Chris,Yes the Saiteck panel is specifically programmed for the MS simulator but is that done internally within the panel or via a driver that you have to load from a CD? If it's the latter have you tried not loading the driver.Fly! II is quite happy to recognise multiple controllers from different manufacturers. I have the Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant and also the Thrustmaster afterburner joystick and throttle pluged in to my system and can allocate any feature to either system. Of course you can't have the same feature operated simultaneously by both controllers.Since there are multiple PC flight sims it seems strange that Saitek would limit their panel to only one sim, albeit the most common.
Mr. Roger,I tried your suggestion/s but no go, FLY2 does not recognize the saitek. Perhaps Flylegacy! :) will.thankschris_CA