Sign in to follow this  
Guest peetypeets

737NG Problem

Guest peetypeets

Hi All,I just purchased a new pc (running vista) and i Installed the PMDG 737NG. at the end of the installer, there was a link to microsoft to downlaod a CDI+ visual fox thing. i clicked the link, but it is dead. now, my 737 is very buggy, and the fmc screen is black with nothing on it. Also, when i go to the display and lcd frame rate tuning options, my FS9 freezes and i hav to close it from the task manager. Is this related to the CDI+ download, n if it is, please provide a working link. help would be greatly appreciated!Peter laux

If I recall, the 737NG installer should include the MS VB runtime extension that it needs to install. I am not aware (but that is my normal state) of any links to download "stuff."Where did you get the installer? Download from PMDG?

Dan Downs KCRP

If I recall, the 737NG installer should include the MS VB runtime extension that it needs to install. I am not aware (but that is my normal state) of any links to download "stuff."Where did you get the installer? Download from PMDG?
I had the same problem. When I ran the .exe for the 737NG there was a technical note at the end with a link directing to a PMDG support notice that the program will not run on a non-XP platform unless the VB runtime extension was installed. It provided a link to a microsoft.com address to obtain the file but that link no longer finds the needed file.I (of course) decided to try and do the install anyway. The aircraft are there but the panels lack the full contrast and quality definition I was accustomed to in XP and the A/T and AP switches do not function.

Digging around on 'Microshaft' site I see it's not required on xp and vista, it was for the 9x series. It was part of an SDK a very long time ago and from what I can gather was for fs2002.As stated though, if required it would be in the 737 download if from pmdg or on cd.John Ellison

Guest peetypeets

Thanks gents.

I also appreciate that you checked that out.I tried the aircraft again today and everything is working just fine so apparently my earlier problem was...as usual...pilot error.