Sign in to follow this  
Guest WannaB_Pilot

I love my FS9...my first post...

Guest WannaB_Pilot

This is my first post in the AVSIM forums and I thought that it should be placed where I frequent the most....the FS9 forum. I have been "trolling" for years on these forums and never had the urge to post anything - at least something that would have been constructive. There have been some interesting people and situations over the years that I have thought about registering but realizing I would probably get booted ;) Now I am forced to login to view the forum and this might be my only post I make so I might has well ask something FS9 related that has been asked in forum over and over so that this topic does not get moved. BTW...thanks to the AVSIM staff that have done a great job with AVSIM over the years. My FS9 question....how can I fix the jaggies and blurries? I have looked everywhere on the forum and can not find where this has been addressed...just kidding of course!!!I am happy with my FS9 set up with all of my addons. I have had every version of FS since FSII on my dad's Commodore 128 and for the first time I am not running out to get FSX. Furthermore, it is very sad to hear about the Aces crew.Thanks to all that have posted many helpful hints, links and advice over the years. You may not see a response from every person that reads them but know that your helpful comments are read.Thank you all,WannaB_Pilot

WannaB:Welcome to the forums. Glad you decided to jump into the pool...so enjoy...the water's just fine!1 - Jaggies: This is a function of Anti-Aliasing. The higher your AA setting the smoother lines you have, the greater the performance hit on your system. As a rule of thumb, turn off Anti Aliasing in FS9 and let your video card handle it via its tweak utility.2 - Blurries - This could be a function of many things. 1. Your video card can't keep up with your frame-rate settings. 2. You have a good video card but simply need to tweak your FS9.ini file to refine the graphics.The first thing you need to do is post your system specs (CPU, Memory, OS, Video Card) and we can help you from there.Regards,Mike T.

Guest B52Drivr
WannaB:Welcome to the forums. Glad you decided to jump into the pool...so enjoy...the water's just fine!1 - Jaggies: This is a function of Anti-Aliasing. The higher your AA setting the smoother lines you have, the greater the performance hit on your system. As a rule of thumb, turn off Anti Aliasing in FS9 and let your video card handle it via its tweak utility.2 - Blurries - This could be a function of many things. 1. Your video card can't keep up with your frame-rate settings. 2. You have a good video card but simply need to tweak your FS9.ini file to refine the graphics.The first thing you need to do is post your system specs (CPU, Memory, OS, Video Card) and we can help you from there.Regards,Mike T.

Guest lgvpilot1

Read it again Mike he is just JokingWelcome WannaB I like your sense of humour already!Mark

Gawd... been around since FS2 and this is your first post?!?!?! With all the flaming, rumors and gossip flying around here how could you possibly keep silent!? :( But look at this this way, think of all the extra hours you got in actually flying rather than blabbing. Welcome aboard.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit