Sign in to follow this  
Paintwagon

New Airport scenery/FS Navigator problem

Every time I install a new airport scenery package, then run FSNAV's DBC program to update, I lose that airport's taxiways when I display it using FS Navigator.. Any idea why this happens??

I have never noticed anything like that before on my setup.It may be possible that the new Afcad for the subject does not have the taxiways properly identified.If not, FS does not know they exist and ATC cannot direct you to a parking space. Perhaps FSNavigator has the same issue - if the taxiways are not identified, it may not be able to display them as it, like ATC, does not have any way of knowing they exist.Taxiways can be easily identified using the free AFCAD program by Lee Swordy.The above is a guess but might be worth checking. :(

Guest ljacobs

Your taxi ways arent build right with afcad.

It happens even with the best of addon sceneries. This is something I asked about here about a year ago and could never get a satisfactory answer or solution. I have since bought Pro Flight Emulator, which has taxi guidance so it has become less of a nuisance to me and I have just grown to accept it as a very minor shortcoming in a very great program.

Thanks for your replies.. I am not very good working with AFCAD's so I guess I will grin and bear it!!!!

Taxiways can be easily identified using the free AFCAD program by Lee Swordy.The above is a guess but might be worth checking. :(
Opa (oh wise one): I thought I had done this when I originally asked last year, but you're far more knowlegable about these things than I. Now that you mention it, though, it might be worth another look. When I get a minute I'll try to take a stab at it again. Thanks!