Sign in to follow this  
rerradem

Error message FS9 Update

Hi all,Can someone tell me what Error 34 means. I have just reinstalled FS9 on my new PC. Downloaded FS9 Update to 9.1 from MS but when I tried to install the update, an error Message pops up "Error 34" and will not install the update.Detailed support info at MS seems all to be concentrating on FSX.Appreciate any help/suggestion on this one please.Tks & cheers from Down UnderRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Guest belga1

Hello,This "error34" maybe mean you have not the update file corresponding with the language of your FS2004 game.Please check again the Microsoft site for pick the update corresponding to your game language !!Regards.bye.gif

Hi all,Can someone tell me what Error 34 means. I have just reinstalled FS9 on my new PC. Downloaded FS9 Update to 9.1 from MS but when I tried to install the update, an error Message pops up "Error 34" and will not install the update.Detailed support info at MS seems all to be concentrating on FSX.Appreciate any help/suggestion on this one please.Tks & cheers from Down UnderRichard
When you say you "reinstalled" FS9 on your new computer, does that mean it was a "first time install" or did you have it installed before and then un-installed it before attempting a re-install?If the latter, it is likely you did not remove the "left over" files and folders which needs to be done to get a good, clean re-install and the ability to install the update.If that is the case, this file may be helpful:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907

When you say you "reinstalled" FS9 on your new computer, does that mean it was a "first time install" or did you have it installed before and then un-installed it before attempting a re-install?If the latter, it is likely you did not remove the "left over" files and folders which needs to be done to get a good, clean re-install and the ability to install the update.If that is the case, this file may be helpful:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907
Hi,and thanks for info.No, it was not a re-install actually, but first install on my new PC and was running fine with the update. I actually wanted to clean install the update again due to problems with trying to run an add-on. did an uninstall, removed the backup folder in the FS9 directory. checked fs9 and running ok version 9. But when I tried to reinstall the update, I got this errormessage. Never got to installing the add-on either.Have copied from the original FS9 disks, fs9.exe, generic.bgl, with no luck, still getting Error 34.Cannot find the meaning of that particular error report either. Just wondered whether somebody might know the meaning of this error report.Also like to advise that my Update file to FS9.1 is in the corect language. thanks for info.Anyway, many thanks again for feedback,looks like I have to do a complete re-install of FS9 again and the headaches of trying to get it back to where I was before this mess.Have a nice dayRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Guest lgvpilot1

it may be old news and it is on the same theme as belga1 mentioned but it has got to be worth a look before the dreaded re installError 34Mark

Did you place the update exe file (fs91upd.exe) into your FS9 main folder before attempting to run it?I have not experienced any problems when the update exe file was so placed - but have read that it may not install properly if run from any other location on your HD.Hope that may help.

it may be old news and it is on the same theme as belga1 mentioned but it has got to be worth a look before the dreaded re installError 34Mark
I find if you are going to do a reinstall of FS9 and you have the 9.1 update installed you won't have a problem if you uninstall the update before uninstalling FS9. You just need to left click on the update and you will be given the option to uninstall.

Hi guys,First of all thanks a lot for all the replies to my problem. They were all very informative, specially the one re Error 34,Yep now I now and that was most likely the problem with my re-install etc etc. I had the update file but in the mean time FS9 was installed on another drive with other drive letter.All other suggestions very helpful and many thanks you lot.However, did the dreaded uninstall/install of FS9 then updated to FS9.1 and all running just fine right now.So that prob solved. Have a few more to go though involving gauges, networking, but that will keep me busy for a while.So again many thanks to everybody and hope some day I can be of help to some body else in the Sim world.Take care, happy flying and cheers,Richard

Cheers from Down Under