Sign in to follow this  
Guest mangaroca

Unnamed cockpit switches

Guest mangaroca

How to find out which key functions relate to which cockpit switches? Some switches in the cockpit are not named... How do I find them on the Controls list and later map with my X52 progile editor???Thnx!

Guest RonB49
How to find out which key functions relate to which cockpit switches? Some switches in the cockpit are not named... How do I find them on the Controls list and later map with my X52 progile editor???Thnx!
Turn on "Tool Tips." Sorry, I don't remember where the checkbox is located. Try Options>Settings>Display. Or perhaps someone else will add a detailed location. At any rate, once it is turned on, then all default panels and many add-on panels will display ID labels as you allow your cursor to hover over a swtich.R-

Guest mangaroca

I have this option enabled... Not all show up thou... :(

Guest RonB49
I have this option enabled... Not all show up thou... :(
Aha, so it must be an add-on aircraft. Have you ever examined the contents of an aircraft's panel.cfg file? It lists all of the components of the 2d panel in a reasonably easy to use format. here are two lines from PAD's Turbo Beaver file.gauge52=Turbo_Beaver2!PanLts1, 244,458,27,39gauge53=Turbo_Beaver2!Avionics1, 282,458,27,39The panel.cfg file is located in the . . . \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\<aircraft name>\Panel folder. It can be opened with Windows Notepad.The first field is a sequetial list of all gauges included on the 2d panel. Gauges include switches, sim icons, etc. The next field is the cabinet file name (Turbo_Beaver), followed by the gauge name included in that cab file (PanLts1 and Avionics1). The next two fields (244,458 for example) are the horizontal and vertical coordinates, in pixels, on the panel bitmap. This panel uses a 1024x768 bitmap. Other popular sizes are 1280x960, 800x600, and even a few 640x480. The size is usually listed in the panel config file.The panel lights switch in our example, is about 1/4 of the way across our 1024 wide panel (244/1024~24%). It is a bit more than halfway down the panel (458/768~60%). The last two fields (27,39) list the width and heighth in pixels. So once I know where the Panel Light switch is and its width, then I can determine that the next switch to its right is the Avionics Master switch.The reason that I suggest using the 2d panel is twofold. First, the virtual cockpit is a more complex mapping system and second, because more and more modern planes have just one or two multifunction gauges to perform all functions on the 3d panel. I hope that this is helpful to you.R-