Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Help! No Joy For Me

I have FSX with Acceleration and XP Pro. I installed and ran Tileproxy based upon the quick tutorial on the other site. I am flying out of Albuquerque which has high resolution pictures, however, when I fly on FSX with Tileproxy the landscape is a total solid blurred mess with large blocks of water everywhere. I'm lost using this program. Anybody that can help me? I'm not the greatest computer person either.My internet is COMCAST cable highspeed, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have FSX with Acceleration and XP Pro. I installed and ran Tileproxy based upon the quick tutorial on the other site. I am flying out of Albuquerque which has high resolution pictures, however, when I fly on FSX with Tileproxy the landscape is a total solid blurred mess with large blocks of water everywhere. I'm lost using this program. Anybody that can help me? I'm not the greatest computer person either.My internet is COMCAST cable highspeed, so that shouldn't be a problem.
I uninstalled Tileproxy and reinstalled and I get the same thing. In some locations like Key West when I try to load a flight FSX gives me a fatal error message and shuts down. Around Seattle everything is a blur with large squares of different kinds of water textures and there is no ocean. I notice when I load a flight it loads about as fast as normal as if nothing is getting loaded, however, in the DOS window it shows activity (the elliptical shaped spaces fill in).I've gone through quick guide and the manual and no matter what I do, I get this sh*t. What am I doing wrong? :(

I uninstalled Tileproxy and reinstalled and I get the same thing. In some locations like Key West when I try to load a flight FSX gives me a fatal error message and shuts down. Around Seattle everything is a blur with large squares of different kinds of water textures and there is no ocean. I notice when I load a flight it loads about as fast as normal as if nothing is getting loaded, however, in the DOS window it shows activity (the elliptical shaped spaces fill in).I've gone through quick guide and the manual and no matter what I do, I get this sh*t. What am I doing wrong? :(
Anyone?

Guest cbuchner1

A few things to try:Third party virus scanners, say Norton Antivirus and NOD antivirus have to go (and I really mean _go_: i.e. uninstall)Using the INI file from Ed Truthan's site might be worth a try - only adjust the paths to your cache folders as instructed on his site.Christian

A few things to try:Third party virus scanners, say Norton Antivirus and NOD antivirus have to go (and I really mean _go_: i.e. uninstall)Using the INI file from Ed Truthan's site might be worth a try - only adjust the paths to your cache folders as instructed on his site.Christian
Thank you for some help. What I have for a third party virus scan is McAfee. Before I uninstall it completely, I have some questions. I've checked the cache files and the texture tiles are loading fine from the service site into the cache. So if the the virus scan was a problem, wouldn't it be stopping the texture tiles from loading into the cache from the internet? It seems like Tileproxy will not load those texture files from the cache into FSX. Would a virus scan program such as McAfee cause this? I did disable (not uninstall) McAfee but got the same results as before, texture tiles are in cache but won't load into FSX. During all of this I was using the INE file that was recommended to be downloaded and installed from Ed Truthan's site.