Sign in to follow this  
Guest yienmaster

Recommend an Amphibious Plane

Guest yienmaster

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good amphibious plane. I like the Otter and Beaver, but every one I find seems to either look cartoonish, possibly from lack of normal mapping, advanced shaders, etc, and/or totally destroys my framerate. I assume this is from creators going polygon crazy, instead of focusing on optimizing and using normal mapping and shading to get a realistic look.I have been looking for quite a while, but haven't tried any payware, because I am afraid of these problems making the plane unusable or cartoonish.Just to be clear, I'm talking about floats AND wheels (or wheels and a boat-like hull). Last time I discussed this with people there was some confusion about whether or not I was looking for a dedicated water runway plane or a true "amphibian".Thanks a lot. I am trying the Nardi FN.333 Riviera right now, but haven't had much time to test it out yet.

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good amphibious plane. I like the Otter and Beaver, but every one I find seems to either look cartoonish, possibly from lack of normal mapping, advanced shaders, etc, and/or totally destroys my framerate. I assume this is from creators going polygon crazy, instead of focusing on optimizing and using normal mapping and shading to get a realistic look.I have been looking for quite a while, but haven't tried any payware, because I am afraid of these problems making the plane unusable or cartoonish.Just to be clear, I'm talking about floats AND wheels (or wheels and a boat-like hull). Last time I discussed this with people there was some confusion about whether or not I was looking for a dedicated water runway plane or a true "amphibian".Thanks a lot. I am trying the Nardi FN.333 Riviera right now, but haven't had much time to test it out yet.
You should take a look at the Carenado Cessna 206 with floats. It has a great VC and does not look at all cartoonish. It Fly's nice too!Rob

Guest PPSFA

The default Goose is a nice plane

Guest RonB49

And I must agree with Jay, the default Goose is a great plane. R-

The Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter X and the Aerosoft Beaver X are both very nice aircraft as well as the Carenado Cessena 206.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest cuizinier

I second the scout pack recommendation.... My favorite GA plane !bestJulien

Guest Alphahawk3
I second the scout pack recommendation.... My favorite GA plane !bestJulien
I have the Scout and the Bush Hawk XP...both great planes. You get a lot of planes and some missions for the money if you buy either one. The Bush Hawk XP has been reported to have some FPS issues but they have a patch that is supposed to take care of that. I started out with stutters with the Bush hawk but fixed them and it is now one of my favorites...but I fly the Scout almost exclusively. Regards

Guest JimC1702

The RealAir Scout package is fantastic and a great bargain with all the various models and paints that it comes with. I fly it a LOT in FSX. Can't go wrong.Jim

I really enjoy flying the FSD Pilatus Porter (amphibian version) for years.A great aircraft IMOhttp://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Porter/You'll find tons of liveries in the library.Beware! Textures not adapted to DX10

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Those 3D Gauges, are VERY impressive and this is why I like GA planes. Hopefully more developers make cockpits like this.