Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

Real Environ Pro-ghosts

I installed Real Environment Pro last nigh and thought the install went ok.But.. there is a kind of 'ghost' that follows whatever aircraft I use when I am over water.. a series of soft, thick light brownish vertical stripes enveloping the aircraft and moving with it.. at a slight distance...Notes--1-I backed up the original FS9 cfg2- when either installing or when selecting textures, something flashed by really quickly.. something maybe about-- could not replace a file.. I'm not sure.3- The install instructions say... "If you plan on using our Enhanced lights option please read the following:******BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR FS9 CONFIG FILE AS FOLLOWS******[DISPLAY]RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=.9This will ensure your lights will display as intended using this package. "I don't imagine this has anything to do with the problem but---I did not find anything like this entry in the cfg file to CHANGE, so I just added it under [Display]Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing the weird "ghost" effect?

I'm not quite sure how to do screenies.The effect changes with weather and time of day.. for example-- in daytime, clear- the 'ghost' is light white, sometimes almost invisible, -at dusk with moderate clouds- the darker the streaks. as in my first post.. So it seems to have something to do with the water..reflections.. maybe something wrong with coud reflections..beats me..Always visible from inside and outside the cockpit...

Hi,It could be the moving FS04 haze layer that follows the plane around, but without a screen shot it is hard to tell.

Guest belga1

Hello,For test .. just disable (you can) the water effects in environement pro.I'm pratically sure what you describe is the reflexions effects of the water textures od environement pro. (it's like Northern lights moving .. :) )Nothing to do with the CFG stances you posted.Or you can also for test.. disable in FS2004 settings the water details.Personnaly for water I use Zinertek Ultimate Water and there the effects are barely noticeable :)You can also use the Soft Horizon (freeware at Avsim) ... it's work well with Environement Pro and Zinertek Ultimate Water .. but it's not mandatory for your problem..http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=111879Regards.bye.gif

Hi,AGN files are autogen notation files, and should be there.Have you tried reducing water detail and effects in Options/Settings/Display as described above?

Hi Tom,Tried...... "reducing water detail and effects in Options/Settings/Display".....as "belga1" suggests..... but it doesn't work. Somehow it seems it is some file in the REP scenery that is doing it. I tried disabling the water textures in REP- doesn't work.To answer "JSKORNA," yes looks like something following the plane,,,but..again only over water...aarrghh :>) Gotta get rid of it. BTW..Tom, thanks for getting me into Props a while back... much appreciated.Bill

Don't know if this will fix it or not but this file has caused issues in the past.Explore to your main texture folder and backup envmap.bmp.Extract the default envmap.bmp from disc #2. It is in MSGAME3.cab. You can right-click on it and extract it to your desktop then copy it into the main texture folder.Like I said, not sure if it will fix it or not, but worth the 10 minutes it will take to try.Hope this is of some help.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hello N60Jbravo,I tried your suggestion..I had high hopes. No dice. I'm also trying different things(having no idea what I am doing-so can not even relate what) but still the same.Bummer....

I just posted a screen shot(sort of) but started another "topic" to do it because the Forum rules say that a photo can only be posted in the first post in a topic.The new topic is--" Real Environ Pro-ghosts-Part 2" I didn't know how to put a link in.Maybe this will help explain what is happening..Bill