Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Aircraft Load Up INSIDE Building - BPs KMSP

Whenever I start a flight at Blueprint Simulation's KMSP, my plan and all AI is loaded up inside the building. The jet ways are misaligned in the same way too. Is this a misaligned AFCAD? Is there any easy way to fix this, maybe using Lee Swordy's software?I have asked Blueprint for help but haven't heard anything. I had FRF's version in FS9 before I bought this one, but I uninstalled everything according to the instructions. I'm also running Ultimate Terrain, but I don't have this problem at any other add on airport.I thought I had read about this issue before, not necessarily at BPs KMSP, but somewhere -- I did a search and couldn't find anything.Thanks for any help you can provide.

Guest lgvpilot1
Whenever I start a flight at Blueprint Simulation's KMSP, my plan and all AI is loaded up inside the building. The jet ways are misaligned in the same way too. Is this a misaligned AFCAD? Is there any easy way to fix this, maybe using Lee Swordy's software?I have asked Blueprint for help but haven't heard anything. I had FRF's version in FS9 before I bought this one, but I uninstalled everything according to the instructions. I'm also running Ultimate Terrain, but I don't have this problem at any other add on airport.I thought I had read about this issue before, not necessarily at BPs KMSP, but somewhere -- I did a search and couldn't find anything.Thanks for any help you can provide.
I had this with an airport (cant remember which one)and cured it with a different AFCADNot much help i know But !!! :( Mark

Thanks, Mark! Actually, after days of puzzling over this I figured it out -- Right after I posted this I decided to give FRF's package another look to see if maybe I hadn't deleted everything. Sure enough, wayyyyyyy off to the right in their scenery .zip is another, separate .zip with some ILS files to be installed in the Scenery\Generic\scenery folder and \Scenery\Generic\texture folder. I had neglected to delete them. Duh. :( Thanks, man. Your avatar pic is great!

Guest lgvpilot1

I think we have all done that sort of thing beforeUnzip , copy , paste , fly now , #####!!!,end flight , POS software .. AH!!!!!!!!! , create new flight :(

Thanks, man. Your avatar pic is great!
A chilled out type of mutt be he dont smile as much as yours :( Mark

That special scenery file is Jim Vile's ILS addition for runway 17/35 (just one file or two files out of that zip is used). I don't think you should have installed all the files in that zip, just the ILS addition as instructed.

Thanks, Mark! Actually, after days of puzzling over this I figured it out -- Right after I posted this I decided to give FRF's package another look to see if maybe I hadn't deleted everything. Sure enough, wayyyyyyy off to the right in their scenery .zip is another, separate .zip with some ILS files to be installed in the Scenery\Generic\scenery folder and \Scenery\Generic\texture folder. I had neglected to delete them. Duh. :( Thanks, man. Your avatar pic is great!

That special scenery file is Jim Vile's ILS addition for runway 17/35 (just one file or two files out of that zip is used). I don't think you should have installed all the files in that zip, just the ILS addition as instructed.
Ronzie: No, the instructions in the readme said to put all of those files in those folders. Believe me, I wouldn't have done that on my own! :(

Ronzie: No, the instructions in the readme said to put all of those files in those folders. Believe me, I wouldn't have done that on my own! :(
If you use my V1.1 KMSP for FS9 then that version requires the following as per my readme1. Copy the first 3 files KMSP_ILS_jv.bgl, KMSP_Flat_jv.bgl and KMSP_LC_jv.bgl to Program Files\Microsoft Games\FlightSimulator2004\Scenery\Generic\scenery folder. 2. Copy the af2_KMSP_ILS_jv.bgl (AFCAD) to Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\scenery folder. 3. Copy the 6 bmp files which are the textures for the Parking Garage and Gate Jetways to Program Files\Microsoft Games\FlightSimulator2004\Scenery\Generic\texture folder.If a payware extracts my ILS file (KMSP_ILS_jv.bgl) for runway 17/35 and places it in their scenery then I cannot assure you that everything will work. Most payware that I have checked (BP) did not include a ILS Approach set of files or Transitions for the runway 17/35. That means that ATC does not know the ILS exist and will tell the pilot to fly the visual approach to runway 17 or 35. If weather at KMSP is IMC then ATC will not use RWY 17/35. If you were using my KMSP and want to remove it then be sure you remove all the files listed above.

From the read me of FRF-KMSP version 4:2. Unzip the file "kmsp_ils_v1.1.zip", open the readme and follow step #1 of the FS2004 instructions. DO NOT DO STEPS 2 OR 3!3. Discard the remaining files and BMP's inside "kmsp_ils_v1.1.zip" and return to this main zip---------------------------------In other words, William Morgan instructed just to use the ILS dependent scenery files, not the entire airport which was included in Jim's zip.Jim:FRF is not payware.