Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

whacky nose wheel and gear

Has anyone ever seen this before.all of a sudden my nose wheel while taxiing start to act funnynow during rollout and taxi, my nose wheel deflects full right and left. I tried to recaibrate and it says it is ok. i tried to re assign but that did not work, i reinstalled my x52 driver, that did not work eitherim not sure what to do other than reinstalll fs9 , i also have a copy of fsx an this does not appear to be a problem in that program

Guest lgvpilot1

Any particular aircraft?Is this after an autoland ?Mark

Guest Locksta

What aircraft is it? I've seen that happen if you have your hydraulic pump off and try to turn, the wheel and rudder would wobble.

No there is no special situation, i just start the sim, and any aircraft will have the same problem.the aircraft is sitting on the tarmac or ground , and the nose wheel just goes hard left. I thought it was a joystick issue but i unplugged it and reinstalled the driver. i also reset the joystick settings but that did not work. if i push the #5 button on the key pad it will centre the wheel but then it automatically does its own thing again. I am going to go back and check the fs9.cfg file to see if anything is oddi think something is corrupt between the controller, ad the cfg file.Is there a utility out there that will repair the fs9 installation without a reinstall

No there is no special situation, i just start the sim, and any aircraft will have the same problem.the aircraft is sitting on the tarmac or ground , and the nose wheel just goes hard left. I thought it was a joystick issue but i unplugged it and reinstalled the driver. i also reset the joystick settings but that did not work. if i push the #5 button on the key pad it will centre the wheel but then it automatically does its own thing again. I am going to go back and check the fs9.cfg file to see if anything is oddi think something is corrupt between the controller, ad the cfg file.Is there a utility out there that will repair the fs9 installation without a reinstall
Hi,I suspect you have some corrupt joystick parameters in your FS9.cfg file.Delete the FS9.cfg file and restart the simulator. The FS9.cfg file will then be rebuilt from scratch.

Staffan

Guest jackfrost
Has anyone ever seen this before.all of a sudden my nose wheel while taxiing start to act funnynow during rollout and taxi, my nose wheel deflects full right and left. I tried to recaibrate and it says it is ok. i tried to re assign but that did not work, i reinstalled my x52 driver, that did not work eitherim not sure what to do other than reinstalll fs9 , i also have a copy of fsx an this does not appear to be a problem in that program
I think I remember having a similar issue with a 747 (or other - it was a while ago) downloaded from POSKY - it was an aircraft installation issue if I remember correctly and fully explained on their own forum

Guest belga1

Hello,

I think I remember having a similar issue with a 747 (or other - it was a while ago) downloaded from POSKY - it was an aircraft installation issue if I remember correctly and fully explained on their own forum
Please read carefully the post of your collegue :) .. it's not the same origin for his problem (Your problem has origin a Posky no dedicated panel for the particular plane !)
and any aircraft will have the same problem
Regards.bye.gif

Guest jackfrost
Hello,Please read carefully the post of your collegue :) .. it's not the same origin for his problem (Your problem has origin a Posky no dedicated panel for the particular plane !)Regards.bye.gif
Please read my post carefully. I said I had a SIMILAR issue, not the exact same problem. Just trying to be helpful is all.....

Please read my post carefully. I said I had a SIMILAR issue, not the exact same problem. Just trying to be helpful is all.....
Hey guys thanks for the help, i appreciate all and any help on these issues. I do have aircraft from posky so maybe that is the root of the problem, Thanks Peterpkofman@rogers.com

Is your yaw damper on?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Have you checked in the fs9 assignments that you don't have two axis assigned to the rudder ? I had a similar problem after a re-install one time. Don't know how it happened, but it took me ages to suss it out. My rudder is assigned to the Z Rotation, and works fine. Ground steering is made much better by calibrating the rudder with FSUIPC then using the slope function to fine tune it in the middle. Take note that the slope function will ONLY work correctly with the interim ver. 3.865. The fact that this function has never worked correctly in all other ver. of FSUIPC was pointed out to Pete Dowson by Chinookmark, and Pete, as usual, quickly rectified it with the interim 3.865. Just another tip for anyone using the X52 /X52pro. You may have noticed that the little scroll wheel that lies under your forefinger on the throttle, and the button next to the mini joystick, can't be programmed. If, like me, you never install the saitek SST, and only programme your X52 through the fs9 assignments...you can do this. Go to C /Windows / System32 In there you should find the Saitek dll's. Among those look for SaiD0255.pro Remove it...put it somewhere safe in case you want to put it back. UNPLUG / RE-PLUG your X52. You should now be able to assign them. The scroll wheel won't scroll, it will in effect give you three extra buttons. Roll it back for button 16...press for button 17...roll forward for button 18.Russell.

Guest lgvpilot1

Thinking about it What assignment do you have for rudders /ground steering?On the X52 throttle is it rotary 1?If it is have a look in the control panel for the joystick and try some small movements and see if it "spikes".If this is the case then there is a fix which involves removing a line from the registry.Mark