Sign in to follow this  
Summoner

ASA not updating at set intervals

If this has already been covered, I apologize. I scanned through several pages of the forums and did not see my particular issue addressed, so here goes. I have noticed while using ASA with FSX that even though I have set the options to refresh the weather every 20 minutes, ASA will frequently be using weather that is up to an hour old.I have tried changing the refresh period, with and without VATSIM weather, it doesn't seem to help. I am completely stumped and was wondering if a fresh set of eyes might be able to help me out here.Another thing I noticed, and it's a trivial thing, is that every time I start ASA, the "Cancel" and "Save and Apply" buttons are illuminated in the Options screen. I don't think any of my settings have changed (at least I haven't noticed any changes), but it always leaves me wondering since they are grayed out after you click the Save button until you make another change.

Hi,Many times the weather data only changes once an hour. If the data does change we pick it up and update. So even though your download interval is 20 minutes, it doesn't mean that the data changed. I hope this clears this up.Yes, that is normal for those buttons. I even checked my copy just to be sure.Thanks,

So if I understand correctly, even if I have set ASA to refresh the weather every 20 minutes (or whatever timeframe), the program will only download new weather if the reported weather has changed since the last check? That makes sense. Good to know. :(

Hi,At the top of each hour for sure and in between if needed.Thanks,