Sign in to follow this  
lcseale53

None working gauge question

Hi Dan,sorry, but unless you give a bit more information, there's no point in suggesting anything, as it could be a number of different things.So, what panel are you using, what gauge seems to be the culprit, what's the error message you're getting, and when does it occur?Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Dan,Many of the third party software packages use the file 'FSSound.dll'. You should find this file in your 'FS2002/Modules' directory. If it's there, open your FS2002.cfg file (use wordpad) located in the main FS2002 directory. Look for the following entry, and if it's not there add it (first back up the file though). (OLDMODULES) - NOTE: use SQUARE brackets in your .cfg fileFSSound.dll=1 In my file this is placed just below the first group beginning with (STARTUP) - again this is with square brackets in the .cfg file This addition generally stops the errors associated with 3rd party gauges.Hope this helps,Leon

FSUIPC is specifically designde to facilitate the use of aftermarket gauges with the sim. Install the latest version.ChasW

Hi Leon,> (OLDMODULES) - NOTE: use SQUARE brackets in your .cfg fileFSSound.dll=1:):[OLDMODULES]FSSound.dll=1 But seriously, until we know what the exact problem is, there's no point in suggesting any solution. OK, you may hit the jackpoint and the FSSound.dll is the solution, but then using this module may also do harm to newer gauges with which it interferes. I removed it, because it caused serious problems with one of my favourite panels, and I have had no problems with any other panels I use. But Dan's preferences may be completely different, and he may like some panels that depend on the module, so if I were to suggest to delete it, it wouldn't help him at all, whilst your suggestion to enable it wouldn't help someone like me.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hey there Gosta,You know...I thought I saw somewhere around here it was possible to use the square brackets in the forum now. Anyway, just as a matter of curiosity, can you recall which panels (or gauges) were affected by the old FSSound.dll? I'm not aware of any problems, but I'm probably missing something I'm yet unaware of. I've done a little panel work for release, and the more of this stuff I can learn, the better...I guess.Thanks and regards,Leon