Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotex2

PMDG 747X - Sink rate warnings

What I see is someone dangerously below glideslope and not correcting. Why the A/Ps off?Lets see, you are below glideslope, the VASI is almost all red, the aircraft is giving you an audible and you are asking what is wrong? I must not understand the question.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yep, it's not much to say really, you are below gs, PAPI lights are showing 3 red, and you're also coming in alittle too fast. Correct those and you'll get rid of the warnings.

I am coming to the conclusion that this is bug in FSX but I could be wrong. Here are some screenshots. I was constantly getting the "Don't sink" and "Sink Rate" warnings; all the way down to about 100 AGL.Any input would be appreciated!
Farshid,The bug is on your side.The screenshots that give you the alert, also indicate you approach well above Maximum Structure Landing Weight.Have a look into that.Regards,Harry

"Don't sink" should only be triggered when losing altitude after takeoff or go-around with the flaps and/or landing gear up"Sink rate" should only be triggered when experiencing an excessive sink rate (like 1200 feet per minute or so)In your case, there shouldn't be any warnings triggered.Cheers,Tom

Guest pilotex2

Thanks all for the comments. @Guthrie: Good suggestion I will try that next flight.@Dan Downs: I was doing a manual landing that's why I wasn't exactly on the GS. If you look at the last shot I was kinda on the GS but I was constantly getting BOTH of those warnings till about 60 or 70 ft AGL. And I had the same situation with full AUTO landings where everything goes smooth but I still get those warnings. @Harry: Maximum Structure Landing Weight...meaning I was too heavy to land?Anyways, I will keep on trying with different configurations and see how it goes :(