Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest serhanjackson

Captain Sim FMC

Hi everybody. I'm planning to buy Captain Sim 757 but I'm not sure does it come with fully functional FMC? I did search some videos on youtube but they all were just about FS plan loading. I think 757 fmc is not fully simulated. and are there any difference between PSS 757 and Captain Sim's 757? Thanx

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi everybody. I'm planning to buy Captain Sim 757 but I'm not sure does it come with fully functional FMC? I did search some videos on youtube but they all were just about FS plan loading. I think 757 fmc is not fully simulated. and are there any difference between PSS 757 and Captain Sim's 757? Thanx
I had the PSS 757 several years ago and now have the CS 757. I believe the FMC's are similar. The CS 757 comes with a 95 page manual just covering the FMC (Manual 5). I think the FMC is fully functional but I'm not a real world pilot. I have had no problems whatsoever programming and successfully flying from LAX to SFO using LNAV/VNAV. I have found that I need to manually control the descent and speed while descending (as with all the FMC's I own). Letting the FMC do it puts me much higher than I should be when entering the glideslope and ILS. One of the very first things you have to do when starting up the sim is to set your location and turn on the IRS. Otherwise the ADI and HSI Displays on the panel will not light up and the VNAV and LNAV (FMC) will not work until the IRS is turned on and knows exactly where you are located. Sorry I can't be more specific.Best regards,Jim

Well, my 2 cents worth may or may not be valuable, but I have both CS 757 Pro Pack and PSS 757. I can attest that the CS 757 needs work...in particular navdata updates and the ability to import a flight plan into the FMC without the FMC showing only lat/long waypoints or fixes. I use FS Navigator to plan my flights and I export the plan to FS9. From the CS FMC, I will import the plan from FS9. The FMC will not show any of the waypoints in the form of "BADGR" or "CIVR", just as examples. Instead, you will get lat/long coordinates and will not reflect correctly on the aircraft display at all. I have to manually input the waypoints in the FMC on the CS aircraft. I don't mind it, as I am quite familiar with populating a FMC.At any rate, if the CS FMC was as functional as the PSS one, it would surpass PSS. And, if PSS did a better job on the external eye candy and better VC textures, it would surpass the CS product. I think CS did a much better job of correcting the flight dynamics in the lastest version, whereas, the PSS version hasn't suffered from this for as long as I've had the airplane. The PSS FMC doesn't have the flight plan import problem at all. I never have to manually adjust anything in the FMC unless I want to make an adjustment of the routing in flight. There are plus and minuses to both products. You just have to find out which of the attributes you care mostly about.

I bought mine form JustFlight. If you are going to buy it, buy it from justflight. They actually have good support. It might take the 24 hrs to respond, but you get the fix.The captainsim FMC has never crashed on me. If there are any problems, they happen before pushback. The LNAV and VNAV work fine for me. I don't know firehawk44 why it didn't work for you. Mines fine. It's a good piece of machinery. Currently I'm running cycle 0903 on my navdata. That's navigrpahs current.

The LNAV and VNAV work fine for me. I don't know firehawk44 why it didn't work for you. Mines fine. It's a good piece of machinery.
Try selecting an Arrival with Transition mid-flight; not an unusual thing to have to do in RL should arrival WX change. It will CTD for me 10/10.