Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest LA 2061

Aircraft landing problem

hiya peeps, i need some help as to what may be happening here, when i am flying on the glidescope the aircraft i am using (default A321) all is well untill it gets to just below minimums, disengage autospeed, and then at approx 100ft i disengage the autopilot and approach, the aircraft instantly pitches down , speed on approach i should state is 160knts flaps at stage 3 pitch up to swithing off the auto`s is 10 degrees nose up, thinking it may be a problem with the auto`s i decided to fly the aircraft manualy (BIKF - BIRK) all was absolutely perfect through takeoff / speed (manual again) and approach right down to about 100ft when again the aircraft pitched straight down, far to low to recover it, so i am wondering what on earth is going on, add-ons i use are,HiFiSim ASAFSUIPC 4 (Registered)Traffic XFSPassengersIts the end add-on that makes this so very infuriating, after 5 hours of perfect flight (bar any turbulance encountered) to have an uncontrollable aircraft at the very final stage and either burst the tire due to landing pitch or worse is a waste of time (flights not recorded as its a program fault it seems)Does anyone have any idea as to what could be happening here and how to fix it please)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is called Direct Law. The default A321 will switch from Normal to Direct Law at about the altitude you are referring to (~100 RA). I really don't fly this bird often, but to me it seems like the regular G-force / roll rate control reverts to classic elevator / aileron direct control, so to speak. Not sure about the pitch-up though. If that all means really nothing to you just keep asking. :(

Are you saying that the speed was 160 knots at 100 ft AGL? That sounds a tad high; the aircraft should be fairly light after 5 hours of continuous flight with Vapp circa 130-140 knots (perhaps even less), unless of course, you're really loaded with fuel. What was the degree of pitch during the approach at 100 ft AGL? To maintain the GS and speed command of 160 knots the aircraft may have had to pitch down after which switching the AT off could have exarcebated the problem.

Hmm, thanks for the replies peeps, and yep, i hated to do it but i tried a sucessfull final at 140knts (8 knts from stall) with full flaps, landing pitch angel was 11 - 12 degress nose up with a 140fpm touchdown, because of the add on traffic i think i was flying faster than normal to stop getting rammed from behind by an AI.Thank you both for your help in helping me to get this sorted :).