Sign in to follow this  
Guest JEHDK

Voice Sets

Guest JEHDK

Hi BryanHow can one change the voice sets of the FS2Crew for Airbus series? From lets say UK to US? It seems that there are many other voice sets that just the ones used? Also it seems that a lot of them aren't being used when I run the various checklists.RegardsJesper

Hi BryanHow can one change the voice sets of the FS2Crew for Airbus series? From lets say UK to US? It seems that there are many other voice sets that just the ones used? Also it seems that a lot of them aren't being used when I run the various checklists.RegardsJesper
Hello Jesper, for the flight crew, there is only the one voice set. However, for the start crew, the accents vary depending on region.Cheers,

Guest JEHDK

Hi BryanI figured it out :( I was starting to use the FMA calls - and suddently all kinds of things started to happen... new sounds and so on - That I hadn't heard before.Just a few other things though.On takeOff - before the Captain calls TakeOff the engines are spooled up to approx 50% N1 and the PNF are calling "Stabilized" the Captain then sets the required thrust for T/O and calls the TakeOff. The PNF then starts the Digital Chrono and make the various calls from the FMA and call then calls "THRUST SET"Upon landing the F/O runs through the After Landing checklist. However it seems that the taxilight doesn't come on as it is supposed to. And the Landing Lights aren't turned off by the F/O. I have to turn it completely off manually and then notch the taxi lights up one time. A small but annoying thing.Maybe its possible for you to have the F/O routine do this for me.Together with the F/O stopping the Digital Chrono as the first thing of the After Landing checklist would be great. Can these things be implemented? PLEASE :( And the last thing. Can you maybe make a FMA call that just say "Set" - It for use with the FMA calls. i.e. FL120 SET and then maybe the F/O replies with a Check.EDIT: Will it be possible to "extend" the Go Around call. Like if you're doing touch and go's you? It seems that once the gear touches the ground the FS2Crew routine goes into After Landing mode? I was thinking maybe this could be delayed until below 80 kts. and it would be possible to give TOGA and Go Around until 80 kts. was reached. Resume:PNF calls stabilized at 50% N1When the F/O calls the FMA on takeoff it starts the digital chronoThe F/O stops the chrono as the first thing on the After Landing checklistF/O turns off the Landing Lights and completely turns off the Taxi Light and the turns it back on to taxiCaptain call on the FMA gauge that says "Set" and the F/O replies with a "Check"Still enjoying this add-on everytime I flyThanksJesper

Hello Jesper,I am currently working on a Service Update for the Airbus versions.No promises, but I'll see what I can do about implementing some of your ideas.Normally we model airline flying (not touch and go's stuff), but I'll see what I can do.Cheers,

Guest jch5pilot

Hello,Just some quick feedback on some of your ideas:

On takeOff - before the Captain calls TakeOff the engines are spooled up to approx 50% N1 and the PNF are calling "Stabilized"
Based on my experience, with Airbus SOPs this is usually done silently, in which the pilots will observe the spool up and then just advance to Flex/TOGA and say the calls already implemented. I am aware of other aircraft types which use the 'stabalised' call during this process, but I have never known it with the A320 family. Airline SOPs will vary with callouts though, but I have not come across an airline that uses the call you have mentioned yet.
When the F/O calls the FMA on takeoff it starts the digital chrono
At the start of the takeoff roll, each pilot presses their own chrono switch on their own side. While it is an idea to have the FO do this in FS2crew, I also think it would take something away from the user as in most cases in the real world, the captain still presses his own button.I have not tested whether the FO can press the button on his side independently of the left hand side and have his own timer counting up, but even if it were possible, I doubt it would be any use to the user, unless they fly in the virtual cockpit and look over to the FO side.
The F/O stops the chrono as the first thing on the After Landing checklist
Same as above, in most airlines, if not all, the captain stops his own digital chrono timer, therefore perhaps it is a good idea to leave this out and let the user have full control over it, as it is after all still a captains action.
it seems that the taxilight doesn't come on as it is supposed to. And the Landing Lights aren't turned off by the F/O. I have to turn it completely off manually and then notch the taxi lights up one time
I have reported the taxi light issue to Bryan and I believe it is getting looked into, however I have not had any problems with the FO turning off the rest of the lights. On my end, the FO always switches the landing lights off correctly during his after landing flow, whether you are flying from the 2D panel or VC. Does this happen every time or is there any set pattern to it etc?
Can you maybe make a FMA call that just say "Set" - It for use with the FMA calls. i.e. FL120 SET and then maybe the F/O replies with a Check
Usually in Airbus operations, when the pilot flying sets a new level via the FCU for example, the level will be called out followed by 'blue', providing the level is not restricted by any constraints, in which case it will be magenta. Not quite sure where you would just say 'Set' for the FMA indications but never the less, it can vary depending on airline SOP.
"extend" the Go Around call. Like if you're doing touch and go's you? It seems that once the gear touches the ground the FS2Crew routine goes into After Landing mode? I was thinking maybe this could be delayed until below 80 kts.
I do like your idea of having the functionality to perform touch and goes with FS2crew. I am not sure how easily it could be implemented though. Takeoff flaps need to be selected before the application of takeoff thrust and so on, so it could over complicate things. Would be nice though!James

Guest JEHDK

Hi JamesThank you for the feedback.I agree with you on the Digital Chrono thing. However since its not possible to operate the two digital chronos independently - i was merely suggesting that the F/O stops and starts it - since if you "forget" this taxiing off the runway etc. you wont have the actual flight time.The Stabilized call is also just to keep the eyes on the runway but still being able to spool the engines up to 50% N1.The Set call - I've also been researching this - and it is not used on Airbus. So forget about it.I' not 100% sure about the lights besides the taxi light issue - that you've also reported - maybe it was just a few times this was the case. I'll check and get back on this.The Touch and go's issue - could be solved the same way as go-around - by adding Touch and go to the checklist gauge of FS2Crew - and the Go-around changing to touch and go when the wheels touches the ground. So if you click the red button when the touch and go mode is active the flaps will retract to flaps 1.But thanks for the replyJesper

Guest jch5pilot

Hi Jesper,No worries! All your ideas were good, I was just trying to look at them from a different angle. :(

suggesting that the F/O stops and starts it - since if you "forget" this taxiing off the runway etc. you wont have the actual flight time
I have done that a few times myself. It is quite annoying when you realise at some point during the climb or indeed the cruise!
The Stabilized call is also just to keep the eyes on the runway but still being able to spool the engines up to 50% N1
Very true, although at this stage you would be at a very low speed, well under 30 knots in normal circumstances so you can afford to look down briefly to check everything is spooling up correctly, then go fully 'eyes-out' after setting takeoff thrust, with the FO then, as you say, calling out the FMA and confirming takeoff thrust is set.
I' not 100% sure about the lights besides the taxi light issue
One thing that might be worth mentioning just incase it was missed - at night, the captain sets the lights. So if you have landed during the late evening/night with the panel lighting on, the FO will leave the lights for you to sort out.
and the Go-around changing to touch and go when the wheels touches the ground. So if you click the red button when the touch and go mode is active the flaps will retract to flaps 1
Yep I like your thinking behind this. Perhaps give the user the option to still shout 'Go around - flaps', while still above 100 knots. The FO could then select Flap 3 (providing you land with flap full configuration) and treat the rest of the takeoff roll/climbout as a normal takeoff - which he does anyway. I'm not sure whether anything else will conflict with this, such as the spoilers for example without any user correction, but maybe Bryan can investigate. While it might not produce the normal callouts etc during a real touch and go, it is better than nothing and would add a bit more functionality to those who do touch and goes regularly. Then again, users would have to be aware of other actions such as resetting the FDs during the roll which could lead to confusion.If you want to practise your approaches in the meantime, you can do so without landing and just perform a go around at your MDA/DH, that way it might avoid any complications. Happy Flying!James