Sign in to follow this  
michal

Does the CRJ have a auto throttle

Does the CRJ has a auto throttle? I ask this cause tonight I downloaded a POSKY CRJ (Iberia) and when flying it I discovered the auto throttle botton did not work. The auto throttle does work on my other 4 POSKY CRJ's I have. I am using the same panel in all of my CRJ's (a panel made by Marco Spada)If the CRJ does have the auto throttle, what do I have to do so that the auto throttle works on my new Iberia CRJ?

It's my understanding that no, it does not.http://www.expedia.com/pubspec/images/airlines/smNW.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

That is a cool panel by Marco based on Chris Alevertis's FS2000 panel. He issued a patch shortly after he released that panel to correct the missing autopilot. As to whether a real CRJ has an autothrottle I am not sure, but that panel will, with the patch.Cheers, Scott

Guest Rizzibird

CRJ and ERJ don't have autothrottle.

Guest Rockcliffe

I had the same question myself. I solved it by (gasp) using Bill Grabowski's great ERJ panel with my CRJ. Guilty as charged.

Thanks for the replies :) I also posted this question in POSKYS forum to see what they have to say about this too.

The last issue of FLYING mag has an article on flying the CRJ. Nope, no autothrottle included.Michael J.

Guest pez_man

Hi all!I'm just curious since a lot of people apparently uses Bill G:s ERJ-panel to the POSKY CRJ and that the two planes are quite similar, are they the same type of plane just manufactured by two different companies? Or are they not related whatsoever, just two different planes in about the same size? Just curious since I'm about to download Bill's panel myself but not wanting to be too far off! ciao!/fredrik

Guest Rockcliffe

Actually the two manufacturers are mortal enemies: Brazil's Embraer makes the ERJ and Bombardier makes the CRJ in Montreal. The two companies have taken the case to the world court, arguing over whether the other is providing/being given unfair subsidies.That's why, as a Canadian, I feel a little guilty about using an ERJ panel in my CRJ :( (It is the best panel though and I can't get POSKY's CRJ panel to work properly)

Guest cw1011

What I really liked about the Flying article is that the author gave us a very good sense of the intense workload of these small jets - something that is captured very, very well in Bill G's terrific panel.

Guest Tim13

I always though that I was doing something wrong while flying the CRJ's and Embraer's because I would end up flying a "parabolic" vertical profile. Now after reading that article, I see that the climb to altitude followed by a descent to land 10 minutes after level off is about right.Tim13

Thanks to all for the kind words about the ERJ panel. I thought I'd let you know that I will be working on a CRJ panel in the future.Bill

Guest Rockcliffe

Wonderful news Bill, and again, the ERJ panel if a magnificent piece of work.BlairCYOW