Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Having a tinker with fs2002

Hello AllI have decided to re-install FS2002(yes that's two not X)I am just interested in having a tinker about to see what it can do and how I can get it to look.So far I have managed to install Traffic 2002(which comes with t2005)I have also used FSGlobal SE which also works with 2002.I have used the accelerated ATC speech (from edit voice pack)and have moved my FSNav module and other FS NAV bits from my FS9 modules folder and simply dropped them into the 2002 modules folder)it seems to work but weather its functioning correctly using this method i don't know.HOWEVER there is one thing I need some help with some of the aircraft in 09 will work fine with 02,but the panels i use in 09 have third party gauges in them that I have installed i.e. COCKPIT COMMANDER.PUSH BACK,AUTO FLAPS AND GEAR amongst others but here is where I am having problems CCommander won't work and Rob Berendregt's pushback gauge also wont function either( i thought there would be problems with these gauges which are probably designed only to work with 09).My question does anybody know of any similar gauges that will work with 02.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I really do not know what may be available for FS2002 in the way of such special gauge addons.Probably the best thing to do would be to search the entire FS2002 Gauge category in the library - I would suggest using the Scan mode. Then if you see something of interest you can View it and see it's full description.Searching a specific category is one of the options at the very bottom of the main Library page.Good Luck! :(

HiSadly I can't help you with the gauges :( I never use auto gear/flaps :(.I'm "dual-simming" with FS9 and FS2002! Many FS9-based aircraft/panels/gauges/sceneries work in FS2002, even though the authors say "NO"! FS9 aircraft work well, provided the model doesn't have complex XML animations. IMHO FS2002 is still a viable sim ... I can use most FS9 addons in FS8, and even a few FSX addons!Don't forget to install the FS2002 autogen enhancements by Gerrish Gray ... they make the World of difference! ;)

Thanks to you both for your thoughts.At the moment I am I have yet to make my first flight.Just as i am cleared for takeoff the sim freezes.However it may be something to do with FSNav as I don't think I have installed it correctly.If you know of the correct way of installing it into FS2002 I would appreciate it if you could let me know(I have it already installed in FS9).What I did was take the FSNav dll from 9 and drop it into the 2 modules folder,although it appears in 2 I can't create a flighplan and export it into 2s flight planner(perhaps you cant in 2002 I don't know)also the sceneries in the two sims may be different.On gauges..Cockpit commander wont work.Rob Bs pushback dosn't seem to either.These things are only minor really its just means awkward keyboard fiddling that's all.Still a good tinker with 2002 is proving to be good fun.cheers Andy

Thanks to you both for your thoughts.At the moment I am I have yet to make my first flight.Just as i am cleared for takeoff the sim freezes.However it may be something to do with FSNav as I don't think I have installed it correctly.If you know of the correct way of installing it into FS2002 I would appreciate it if you could let me know(I have it already installed in FS9).What I did was take the FSNav dll from 9 and drop it into the 2 modules folder,although it appears in 2 I can't create a flighplan and export it into 2s flight planner(perhaps you cant in 2002 I don't know)also the sceneries in the two sims may be different.On gauges..Cockpit commander wont work.Rob Bs pushback dosn't seem to either.These things are only minor really its just means awkward keyboard fiddling that's all.Still a good tinker with 2002 is proving to be good fun.cheers Andy
Sorry, I've never used FSNAV :( :(

I know I used to use FSNav in FS2002, but I had an FS2002 version. When FS9 came out I downloaded and installed a new version of FSNav for FS9 and activated it using the same keycodes I'd used for FS2002. You may check the libraries for an old FS2002 version and use the installer to install it properly in FS2002, it's a good bet that your FS9 registration info will unlock it and that'll probably eliminate your lockup. I believe I still have a copy of that ancient version around here somewhere on a CD if you can't find it.Jim

I know I used to use FSNav in FS2002, but I had an FS2002 version. When FS9 came out I downloaded and installed a new version of FSNav for FS9 and activated it using the same keycodes I'd used for FS2002. You may check the libraries for an old FS2002 version and use the installer to install it properly in FS2002, it's a good bet that your FS9 registration info will unlock it and that'll probably eliminate your lockup. I believe I still have a copy of that ancient version around here somewhere on a CD if you can't find it.Jim
Thanks for your offer Jim.I have solved the problem by downloading the time limited version of FSNav installing it correctly in fs2002 using my current my current reg code.I have just run fs 2002 and now I can see the option for exporting flight plans into 02 itself(missing before).FS02 continues to be resurrected.cheers Andy

Thanks for your offer Jim.I have solved the problem by downloading the time limited version of FSNav installing it correctly in fs2002 using my current my current reg code.I have just run fs 2002 and now I can see the option for exporting flight plans into 02 itself(missing before).FS02 continues to be resurrected.cheers Andy
And you didnt told us WHY you want to do it afterall ?