Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ionizeyou

Help with Paul Golding's new A310 panel

Guest Ionizeyou

I recently installed Paul's outstanding A310 panel... it looks great!! I've spent several hours now flying with this panel and there's just a few small issues that I'd like some help with.First of all, I found a fix for NAV/GPS switch, but is there one with the panel now that I've overlooked? I couldn't seem to find it, although there's a GPS button on the dashboard that does nothing when pressed. Secondly, how does one adjust the course selector? I can adjust the heading knob, but I can't seem to locate the course selector knob. Thirdly, and this one is pretty big for me... the noise inside the cockpit is louder than in the outside spot view. I'm using an A310 sound set, perhaps could it be with the sound set and not with the panel? And lastly, when taking off or landing, the wheel noise .wav keeps playing when switching to a spot view... in other words, when viewing the aircraft outside of the cockpit (just after take-off or landing), you can still hear the wheel noises until you cycle back to the cockpit once in the air, then it's gone.Can anyone (Paul ??) help me with these issues? I'd greatly appreciate any help I can find. Thank you.Kevin Sparkuhl

I couldn't find the CRS thingy at first, but them a kind person on this forum told me to look more carefully at the radio panel and, yes, it's there! Honest.Don't know about the other issues though.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Ionizeyou

Thanks Gavin... I found the course selector right where you said it was. I figured that was squawk code selector! Oooops...I also came up with a fix for the night lighting... there just doesn't seem to be enough light at night, so I edited the panel.cfg. What needs to be done is to turn up the lights... to do this, edit the panel.cfg at the very bottom and adjust the "color" heading, from this:Day=255,255,255Night=50,50,50Luminous=100,100,100To this:Day=255,255,255Night=135,135,135Luminous=100,100,100You'll find that this helps tremendously.Kevin