Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Video of the future of flight simulation

Thanks John............. seeing how this is my "second" post. :)I've never had to worry about memorizing (or changing) my password that was assigned by Avsim, and when the forum changed, my computer password memory wouldn't re-print it. I've been stuck in limbo, with no answers from the "help" forum either. So I just started a new account, but would prefer the old one........... since we're not suppose to have more than one anyway.L.Adamson

I for one did not like FB very much. Just personal taste but for combat sim I much prefer CFS3, which I feel has a much more beautiful and varied scenery, also mapping a much larger area. FB is full of 'empty' scenery, nothing but green grass and a few trees. Yes, when you do cross the occasional river the water effect looks very nice. The sun effect is very nice also, marginally better than CFS3, however I prefer ground scenery such as fields and towns etc which CFS3 and FS2002 excel in much better IMHO. The attached video included cannot be an overall view of the whole sim, it is like watching a movie preview, the best scenes are included but what of all of the rest. I am speaking from experience as I did buy FB last month and quickly grew tired of it.

Guest Paul_W

I appreciate your point of view. I haven't bought FB, and probably won't, though I've been impressed with some of the advancements in the graphics that I've seen in the previews; the terrain and the water are way ahead of what I've seen previewed for FS 2004 so far. I had IL-2, but not for long; I also found its world sparse and monotonous.The funny thing is that no one's mentioned LOMAC so far. Most Thursdays UBI has posted preview videos at lo-mac.com (if you haven't seen any of those, you really should download a couple), and there's no question in my mind that LOMAC is getting ready to set all kinds of new standards for realism in computer simulations of all sorts. I just think the Russians have a certain knack for producing high fidelity representations of the real world, and that new simulations should be developed based on, and judged by, the current state of the art.I really hope the LOMAC developers will be able to adapt their upcoming technology for the civilian flight sim market. All of those jets are just too fast to enjoy the view.

LOMAC is what I was about to mention! You simply have to see the bodies of water, they are without a doubt, the best I have ever seen.I have Il2 and was very impressed with the clouds and sun effects, but the scenery leaves much to be desired. [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"