Sign in to follow this  

1st problem: PC Lock Up (sorted)When I first started to use ASA, my whole PC would lock up, with nothing but a hard reboot required, this forced me to uninstall evrything to do with FSX and start from scratch, this has taken me over 5 days so far at each stage testing to try to lock up, the lock up came at differnt times, differnt position, different aircraft, so totally random. I use REx for the themes and have done as instructed looking through the forums. getting to the end, the only way so far I have managed to stop this is to load themes with REX, allow REX to load its themes, shutdown REX, open ASA, goto briefing and enter flightplan, then start FSX, this so far has 100% succes rate with no crashes. If I start FSX and then start ASA at any time, over a period of time, my PC will lock up. I have looked at ASA logs but because the whole pC locks up, there is nothing in it. if i have any further locks I will post.2nd Problem: Winds (unsorted)My last 2 flights have ended in crashes when on finals to land, when iam within about 10 miles to land I get sudden wind changes, to the point, my whole aircraft is actaully spinning in circles. my IAS will go from 180kts to 300kts in milliseconds, so totally unflyable. I have processed my flightplan, and flying Wilco 733 on FSX, I have flown a number of flights before this with no problems in the same aircraft.I think when ASA is sorted out this will be incredible piece of software. keep it upASA setup:Buld 355ASA1.jpgasa2.jpgasa3.jpgasa4.jpgPC SpecsAMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), Vista 64 Business, Ram 8.00gb, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT x 2

Hi,Please make sure your video drivers are up to date for #1.For #2 do you have FSUIPC4 installed for FSX?Thanks,

Hi,Please make sure your video drivers are up to date for #1.For #2 do you have FSUIPC4 installed for FSX?Thanks,
Video drivers are the most current ones and yes have FSUIPC 4 installed, I have done 11 flights in the last week, its only been the last 2 that have had these strange winds whilst on finals. I did have the wind problem with FSINN above FL245, but i have got rid of that by turning off FSINN Weather. But its the strange winds on finals.

Hi,Try with a default plane and see what happens.Thanks,

Problem 1Tried Default Aircraft, Wilco 737 level d 767 pmdg various, this still locks up my Pc, what I ave noticed is that the Autosnapshots that have been created from XG work fine, but nearly every time I use a snapshot from REX I will end up with a Pc lockup. So when i thought it was sorted, back to the drawing board. it will either crash near the departure airfield or when iam arriving or getting close to the destination airfield