Sign in to follow this  
B42L8

Best Military Jets for FS9?

For those who have not installed the Section 8, F-86, you are missing one of the best and realistic flightsim downloads I have seen in many years, including both freeware and payware!! It is on a par with AFG Beech 300! The problem is, now that I have started with Military jets, and the F-86 is my first plane, I am hooked on the speed and handling compared to GA aircraft..........so my question is, what other jets should I be looking for?? Both free and payware are now on my watchlist, so anyone with suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! By the way, these two freewares are real labors of love, and hopefully anyone using them will make a generous contribution to make programs like this happen, (AVSIM as well)..........just an opinion from a typical download junkie .......B42L8

First, totally agree with your comment on the F-86.Vertical Reality Simulation's F/A-18F. It's hands down the best Military jet every made for FS2004. Some say it can easily compare to PMDG MD-11 in terms of system simulation. I don't own it but I've seen quite a few videos. It looks amazing.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest belga1

Hello,

Vertical Reality Simulation's F/A-18F. It's hands down the best Military jet every made for FS2004
I agree 100 % :( But you must be aware of (from a other post) of this experience by user before buy:
1- it require a powerful processor, performance is similar to other complex add-on ATR-72 or PMDG 747... but you must be aware that as the aircraft is far more responsive than these other examples, it is harder to cope with framerate drops. I could live with 12 FPS with the 747 approaching a complex airport but for this bird you will need to avoid going too low. Just to give you and idea of what to expect:My FS 9 is maxed out and run with Skai traffic (30%), FSG LOD 9 mesh, AS, GE, FE, UT-USA+Canada + occasional complex airport (ie Fly tampa KSEA for instance) I fly from VC (track-IR) with real weather so it is overcast (the more demanding weather condition) more often than not these days. I run with AA4X, AF16x @ 1680x1050 ( m system : AMD X2-6400 - 3,2 Ghz, 2 Go RAM, Radeon HD3850-256 Mo) I get around 15 FPS outbound fly tampa KSEA in overcast condition and once in the air (20 sec after rotation) it reach rapidly my 22 FPS limit. FPS is at 22 FPS outside complex airport and blurries are not an issue outside photoreal sceneries
Regards.bye.gif

Guest ppokit

VRS SuperHornet.It can be hard on frames (similar to the ATR), but if its the best you're after this is the one to get.Can also recommend Cloud9's F4 & MB339.Chris

For those who have not installed the Section 8, F-86, you are missing one of the best and realistic flightsim downloads I have seen in many years, including both freeware and payware!! It is on a par with AFG Beech 300! The problem is, now that I have started with Military jets, and the F-86 is my first plane, I am hooked on the speed and handling compared to GA aircraft..........so my question is, what other jets should I be looking for?? Both free and payware are now on my watchlist, so anyone with suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! By the way, these two freewares are real labors of love, and hopefully anyone using them will make a generous contribution to make programs like this happen, (AVSIM as well)..........just an opinion from a typical download junkie .......B42L8
Two of my favorites:F-15 Search: Nishida http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=73682F-16 Search: Olsson http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=37495Jim