Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moloro0

Problem with sky textures

Guest Moloro0

I keep having these problem textures in flight simulator. It is in both 9 and X. Thus may be kind of hard to spot if you do not have your brightness up but they annoy the heck out of me.http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problemci4.pngproblemqc4.pngw%38%300.pngYou can see the "tearing"I have tried 3 different drivers, including some modded ones but none of that seems to work. I have tweaked every setting in fs, deleted my fs9, and changed to all kinds of resolutions. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Guest lgvpilot1

sorry All i can see is a big black square (no piccy)Mark

Guest Moloro0
All I see is a black square also.
It is quite dark, it is the night sky texture. Does the link also take you to the black square?

Guest lgvpilot1
It is quite dark, it is the night sky texture. Does the link also take you to the black square?
Are you having a laugh I can see more at midnight with my eyes closed and a welders mask on !! and yes the link is the same Mark

I think we have been had guys.
Na, I can see the "banding". In the dark and it is quite faint, but visible. I believe it is a "feature" of nVidia graphics cards. You have a geForce card? I remember the shock when I first switched from the good old Voodoo to my first geForce! Faster, yes, but the Voodoo was light years ahead in quality. Anyway, I get this "banding" as well in the (simulated) night skies. My first reaction would be: switch to 32-bit because it looks like a 16-bit image or even less, but it already IS at 32-bit. As I said, I believe it is common with nVidia cards. For lack of a better description, flying at night on an nVidia card is a 16-bit depth affair. :( Having said that, I hope somebody can prove me wrong and this can be indeed "mended". :( Regards,Jure

Guest Moloro0
Na, I can see the "banding". In the dark and it is quite faint, but visible. I believe it is a "feature" of nVidia graphics cards. You have a geForce card? I remember the shock when I first switched from the good old Voodoo to my first geForce! Faster, yes, but the Voodoo was light years ahead in quality. Anyway, I get this "banding" as well in the (simulated) night skies. My first reaction would be: switch to 32-bit because it looks like a 16-bit image or even less, but it already IS at 32-bit. As I said, I believe it is common with nVidia cards. For lack of a better description, flying at night on an nVidia card is a 16-bit depth affair. :( Having said that, I hope somebody can prove me wrong and this can be indeed "mended". :( Regards,Jure
Thanks Jure, I also hope someone can prove you wrongAnd it is there, maybe you guys are on old monitors or something, I can get another picture where it is more obvious

Guest belga1

Hello,What kind of monitor you use ...I assume you use a LCD monitor....On a CRT monitor this deffect is less visibleRegards.bye.gif

Guest lgvpilot1
And it is there, maybe you guys are on old monitors or something, I can get another picture where it is more obvious
A 15.4" laptop , A 19" monitor A 22" monitor , A 6ftx4ft projected image . No i dont think Im having montior troubles Perhaps another picture might show your problem but i think 'Jure' has nailed your problem I have seen that banding when I was messing about with the bloom plugin but turning it off cured it for me Hope someone has a solution for youMark

Guest Moloro0

When i look at this picture is seems that it is not what jure said, although it may just be there are not any good drivers for the 9800gt.problem2rt9.pngw893.pngSorry if it is too black for some of you to see, I can turn my brightness down all the way the and still see the "tearing" :(

Hi,On a LCD you will get more banding. I would not call it tearing though. Also make sure everything is running in 32 bit color. Do you see this during the day? Maybe a day shot would help more.

Guest Moloro0

It does not happen during the day. Thats why I only post the night shots guys. Anyways, to fix it now ive just adjusted my monitor brightness and contrast, and also tilted up a bit so I do not notice it as much. Thanks for the all the help anyways though, it is appreciated :)