Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeterDunkin

737 Fuel Loader. How to change fuel amount?

Guest PeterDunkin

Hi. I am new PMDG pilot.One question. It is driving me nuts.The generic PMDG fuel loader for the 737NG allows a change in load of passengers and / or freight to change the zero fuel weight -indirectly. BUT it does not allow me to change the FUEL load directly - only indirectly by changing the other loads. (The passengers and freight) When I try to change the actual fuel "number" by clicking in the box it won't let me do it. If I type new numbers nothing happens. Is there something I am missing?I want to simulate a low fuel load but WITHOUT increasing the passengers and freight weights and ending up with a very heavy aircraft - so that I can accurately and realistically recreate a short flight of about an hour.Would really appreciate any help.

Hi. I am new PMDG pilot.One question. It is driving me nuts.The generic PMDG fuel loader for the 737NG allows a change in load of passengers and / or freight to change the zero fuel weight -indirectly. BUT it does not allow me to change the FUEL load directly - only indirectly by changing the other loads. (The passengers and freight) When I try to change the actual fuel "number" by clicking in the box it won't let me do it. If I type new numbers nothing happens. Is there something I am missing?I want to simulate a low fuel load but WITHOUT increasing the passengers and freight weights and ending up with a very heavy aircraft - so that I can accurately and realistically recreate a short flight of about an hour.Would really appreciate any help.
The zero-fuel weight ZFW, is the weight of the aircraft;crew;passengers;and cargo. It does not include the fuel. The clue is in the name ZERO-FUEL weight. By changing the passengers and cargo you are changing the ZFW directly, not indirectly. From memory you cannot use that utility to change the fuel loading at all.Change the fuel from within the sim, or do a search in the library here as there is a fuel planner for the PMDG 737 that I use which allows you to change the fuel before loading the aircraft.

Peter Schluter

The 737 is different from the other pmdg jets in that you can actually use the msfs interface to fill the tanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PeterDunkin

Thanks for those replies. Much appreciated.