Sign in to follow this  
Guest battlehawk77

Why, oh why, is my computer beeping at me?

Guest battlehawk77

Just installed Beta 8 and used the recommended ini file to get things going for FS9.Well, things run fine for a few minutes, then my computer starts beeping at me (the beep that comes from the computer itself, not a sound file), and I see an error that says:tileproxy.sys: PreCreate: Unsolicited Access to '?' by ''!Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Guest cbuchner1
Just installed Beta 8 and used the recommended ini file to get things going for FS9.Well, things run fine for a few minutes, then my computer starts beeping at me (the beep that comes from the computer itself, not a sound file), and I see an error that says:tileproxy.sys: PreCreate: Unsolicited Access to '?' by ''!Does anyone have any idea what I should do?
it's the driver having trouble figuring out which process tried to access a given file.What I don't get is why even the file name seems corrupt. Who would ever wantto open a file named "?"Christian

Guest battlehawk77

Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me, either.Any idea how to fix it?

Guest cbuchner1
Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me, either.Any idea how to fix it?
Generally shut down any third party applications and services (scanner tools, disk optimizers etc) that may be running in the background.If you feel like Sherlock Holmes you can download a tool called "Process Monitor" to monitor the disk I/O while Tileproxy is running. Maybe you can find an application that tries to open the "?" file. Warning: this tool is generating a HUGE log to sift through.Christian