Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

MD11 door open warning

I'm still getting a warning displayed "Door Open" when all doors are definitely closed. I even had, in the Misc display the detail that it was the left forward and middle cabin doors - but this was on the freight version! On the pax version, where it also occurs, I always go through the disarm/open/close/arm cycle to try and clear it but to no avail. Anyone else have this or something similar?Iain Smith

There is a pause between closing the doors and being able to arm them. If they are closed but not armed, you will still get a "door open" warning. I usually use the FMC (shortcuts pages) to close doors, overhead panel to set seatbelt sign from off to auto, and back to FMC to arm the doors. I am not certain that this is correct procedure, but it has consistently worked for me.Paul Smith.

Yep just give it a few seconds to close then arm itRob

Rob Prest

Yep just give it a few seconds to close then arm itRob
But there's no arming of the doors on the freighter and I still get the warning. As it works for you it's obviously something I'm doing wrong - I just wish I knew what it is. :( Iain Smith

There is still a couple of pax doors... and an arm feature. Try it.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is still a couple of pax doors... and an arm feature. Try it.
I have only got the arm doors to work once on the MD11. Is it tied to some procedure that has to be done prior to the door arming procedure?I close the cargo doors and then the 2 PAX doors. I wait 1-2 minutes and then I press "ARM ALL". Is there a set time that has to elapse?What is the arming procedure based on?Any help would be appreciated.ThanksDon L.

I have only got the arm doors to work once on the MD11. Is it tied to some procedure that has to be done prior to the door arming procedure?I close the cargo doors and then the 2 PAX doors. I wait 1-2 minutes and then I press "ARM ALL". Is there a set time that has to elapse?What is the arming procedure based on?Don L.
Hi Don, this all works ok for me now. I first close the cargo doors and wait until the warnings for those have cleared. I then select "disarm all" for the pax doors and then close those that are open. I then wait about 30 secs or so, select "arm all" and the door open warning goes out. I don't know if it should be necessary to first "disarm all" but my logic is that they are not (usually) all open so selecting this ensures that all doors are in the same state and it seems to work. :( Iain Smith

Are you using the FMC to close the doors? I noticed that I always had the error with the doors if I was using the FS commands for the doors, but when I used the FMC to operate the doors that is always fixed the error.Try closing the doors via the FMC Shortcuts menu.Greg