Sign in to follow this  
Guest tadeus

No mips in textures

Guest tadeus

Hi! I know that with DXTBmp program, a marvelous tool! I can take out the mips from a texture file and many other magic things, but , it must be done one by one for every texture image. My cuestion is, if there is another way to do it in a "bath" way, or if there is another tool that does these tedious job with one click with all of them in a batch way.Thanks!!

Imagetool can do batch processing of textures from a command line or batch file, but if you're also converting from 32 bit to DXT3 you'll find DXTBmp does a better job.imagetool.zipDrop imagetool.exe into your texture folder, open a command window and "cd" to that folder. Type "imagetool -?" for a list of command line options.Jim

I've tried using Imagetool for converting 32-bit to DXT3 and remove the mips, but it doesn't do the latter. Is it there any other option? Or did I do something wrong?The command line I entered was this one:imagetool -r -dxt3 -nomip *.bmpBest regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I've tried using Imagetool for converting 32-bit to DXT3 and remove the mips, but it doesn't do the latter. Is it there any other option? Or did I do something wrong?The command line I entered was this one:imagetool -r -dxt3 -nomip *.bmpBest regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel
I just tried your command from the texture folder with a copy of imagetool.exe in the folder and it seemed to work fine (mips are gone) . I assume you're using -r to so you can run the command from the aircraft's root folder, thus converting several texture folders at once? If so be careful because it'll also convert any panel and gauge .bmps it finds in the panel folders. You might try something like this instead:for /d %f in (texture.*) do imagetool -dxt3 -nomip "%f\*.bmp"In that case run the command from the aircraft's root folder with a copy of imagetool placed there as well.BATCH PROCESS AT YOUR OWN RISK people, and experiment on an aircraft that can easily be restored to it's original state if it becomes necessary. Personally I still think it's better to process each texture file individually through DXTBmp because some night textures or VC textures (i.e. transparent glass textures) are probably better left alone.I've never tried ConvImX mentioned by N60JBravo, it may well be a better alternative.Jim

Roger that on ConvimX - in Beta, but works like a dream. Easy and intuitive GUI. A great complement to the same athor's DXTBmp. :(

Guest dogknot
Roger that on ConvimX - in Beta, but works like a dream. Easy and intuitive GUI. A great complement to the same athor's DXTBmp. :(
I totally agree. Been using this one for easy batch conversions since its release.It's great for batch converting FSX textures, in the dds format, to FS9, too! Use the "flip images" box and save in fs9 style bmp's.

Martin Wright, the author of DXTBmp has another utility called ConvImX that batch converts textures.
Wow, that's something new. I tried it, it's a little bit slow against Imagetool, but at least it has a GUI. Less chance of me doing something wrong.Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Guest tadeus

As you have some experience wich option should I chose to convert to dxt3 16 bits?Thanks! And by the way thanks to everybody it was a nice discovery.

Guest tadeus
As you have some experience wich option should I chose to convert to dxt3 16 bits?Thanks! And by the way thanks to everybody it was a nice discovery.
Sorry, I made the wrong download, now I made the right one and these is a great surprise indeed!Even is a beta it works fine and with a litle touches will be greater! Thanks!