Sign in to follow this  
jbinner

Re-install, activation online

Hey guys, I sent an email last night, no rush. :) I figured also posting here would let you know it was there. I got a new laptop from work, and moved my system at home to Vista, so I am sure I triggered the "bad boy" on your end. :) But, can you please re-allow me to install on the new laptop? I got Simconnect SP2 all ready and tested to go last night, only to have ASA say "no no!" DOH! lolThanks in advance.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Guest Dave Waffler

Same with me, I sent in a letter this morning about this. I had to reinstall the product after the computer decided to stop working and took some reinstalling to get the program up and running again.

After several months of use, ASA today asked suddenly for a verification. I did as requested and all came back with remark I should contact support. This because I had to many activations :( I have had some activations during the first week of ASA, because I used it on FSX (on my desktop) and on FS9 (throught widefs on my laptop). For sure I have not activated for many weeks on my desktop. Till this morning ASA wasn't asking for activation for a long time. Now suddenly it asked again and I ran out of activations.I have send a mail to support, but I would like to ask for the cause of this, so other users can be informed too.

Hi,As I replied in your e-mail, it could have been because you had ASA installed on 2 machines and you ran out of activations.Thanks!

Please don't misunderstand me, i just want to be constructive. Please also consider I don't speak english very well, but I hope the message will be clear.I know piracy is bad. I am proud to say that I have no cracked software on my sim, and I spent thousand of euros in the last years for all the addons I use. I have purchased each and every one of your products.But you shouldn't get your customers bored with such an antipiracy system.It is sad that someone can download a pirated software, apply the crack and have immediate fun with it, while a loyal customer must be suspected tu use pirated software, so the activations get blocked. It's just paradox.Please, make life better for your faithful customers, thank you.Best regardsRosario Manzo, ITProud purchaser and supporter of AS + ASX + ASA + XPAX

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

I am sure there is no way to ban piracy for 100%, and I can live with the limitations the security is causing. Security is used to minimize piracy as far as possible. So I fully agree with the security policy. It might cause some frustration with end users, but piracy is causing frustration with the developers (and their families if piracy is taking away a too large part of the income). The solution is taking away a part of the frustration of the dev's and leaving that small part with us, end users. I can live with that, keeping in mind why it is needed.So I was not wondering about the of re-activation it selves.The fact I was wondering about, is why I got the activation request after several months of use on one machine. I did try it on my other machine, but it has a few days after release of ASA. After I tried it and found out I would lik to use it on my network laptop, I did not activate it again on my desktop. During January, February and the first weeks of March, there has never been the need of re-activation. Yesterday suddenly, without oany changes in hard or software, I had to re-activate again. Then I ran out of activations. All has been solved by Jim, so no problem at all concerning the activation. The question remaining is, why I had to re-activate yesterday.Anyway, thanks for the quick service Jim!