Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaunsmithrvc

SID/STAR problem with 747 FMC

Guest shaunsmithrvc

Hi all,Ive recently reinstalled the PMDG 747 package after a few months break, and Im having some problems with the FMC not recognising a lot of the SIDs and STARs. For instance, a flight from heathrow to dubai which was one of my favourites originally, Im now finding that the FMC says there arent any SIDs from Heathrow, and likewise for dubai. Ive checked the SID/STAR file in the FS9 folder and they are ALL THERE, just the FMC obviously doesnt recognise them.Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas about getting around it?Cheers

I recently flew the 747 into EGLL with no problem. Are you using current navdata (cycle 0901)? I have no way of checking older cycles.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest shaunsmithrvc
I recently flew the 747 into EGLL with no problem. Are you using current navdata (cycle 0901)? I have no way of checking older cycles.
Erm.... I have no idea... where do i get it from?

Erm.... I have no idea... where do i get it from?
Thats a weird issue. Try purchasing and downloading the latest airac (0901) from www.navigraph.com and see if that fixes it.

Hi,Yes I have the same problem as you. FS 9 version was running fine with the SIDS and STARS but after installing 747x and updating to V1.2 on the FS9 version the sids and stars aren`t in the FS9 FMC anymore. They are in the folder, and 747x is still working fine and I`ve tried copying the 747x sid star folder into FS9 but that hasn`t worked either.From what I can see it was the updating to V1.2 that seems to have started the problem.Any ideas?CheersJon BuntingEDIT: as suggested I`ve just bought the latest nav data from navigraph and that has fixed my sid star problem, thanks! (having done all that i`m now off to fly the Champion Scout low level through the VFR scenery valleys, but its nice to know my SIDS are back!)

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

The installation usually includes procedures that are at least one cycle old at the time that it is released. If you have current navdata/sidstars, use the custom installation feature to skip installing the older data.Glad to hear you are back in operation.

Dan Downs KCRP