Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Aerosoft ManhattanX Released

Guest firehawk44

Just a heads up. I just finished downloading and getting ready to install.Jim

Guest bekfreak
Thanks for the heads up! I had a look at the product page (http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd,,10812) and it looks good. My only gripe is the parks, really. Almost no 3D trees, just textures. Other than that it does look like Manhattan with 1000's of buildings.Looking forward to a review of this! :( /Jonas
I have it for FS9 and boy does it bring my poor old PC to it's knees. I'm interested to see how it holds up now with FSX.

I have it for FS9 and boy does it bring my poor old PC to it's knees. I'm interested to see how it holds up now with FSX.
Heh, I saw your specs (in the signature) and I sure hope it doesn't bring THAT "old" machine to its knees :( because mine is almost identical to it! My GPU is a Sapphire HD4870X2 and the HD is a WD Raptor, but other than that it exaclty the same!Well, looking forward to see how the "X" version performs.Cheers/Jonas

Guest firehawk44
You should have no problem running the latest edition on your system. However, they show specific settings in the manual and recommended system specs. Do not purchase with a system less than what they recommend and I would highly recommend you set the configuration settings exactly as they have in the manual and name the configuration "Manhattan". I now get around 22 FPS with my Dell XPS720H2C (Duo core X6800 CPU) but, with my normal configuration settings I had been using, it brought my system down to its knees and barely got above 5 FPS. I can't believe all the buildings rendered in this latest version!Best regards,Jim