Sign in to follow this  
V02

Do FS9 panel gauges work in FSX?

I've just installed an addon plane which uses the default FS9 B777 panel. I can see the plane but not the panel: I only get the background picture but no gauges at all. I have installed the FS9 gauge "Boeing777-300.gau" in the FSX gauge folder, and also in the panel folder of the plane.... no success. So, that's the question: Do old *.gau files work in FSX?.Regards.

I've just installed an addon plane which uses the default FS9 B777 panel. I can see the plane but not the panel: I only get the background picture but no gauges at all. I have installed the FS9 gauge "Boeing777-300.gau" in the FSX gauge folder, and also in the panel folder of the plane.... no success. So, that's the question: Do old *.gau files work in FSX?.Regards.
I think the answer is some do, many don't...I cannot be specific since I'm at work...but, others here will no doubt chime in with complete details. in the mean time, hve you searched for an fsx 777 panel. I think there are a few floating around...sherm

The default FS2004 gauges do work in FSX, but most addon gauges made for FS2004 panels would not.With the 777_300.gau, you also have to copy FS2004's msvcr70.dll to make it work.

The default FS2004 gauges do work in FSX, but most addon gauges made for FS2004 panels would not.With the 777_300.gau, you also have to copy FS2004's msvcr70.dll to make it work.
Thank you both.Now it works!. Regards

I use the Fs9 777-300 gauges with the Opensky 777 , in the 2d panel and also in the VC.They work well.When I restarted FSX, I got some message about the gauge, don't remember well what, but I answered YES to the question.It is exacxtly the same panel as in FS9 with the exception of the glassdirt gauge in Vcockpit03, which one must set to comment, to get rid of the flickering.(//gauge00=Pky_glassdirt!Pky_glassdirt)Guy