Sign in to follow this  
Guest mimmo72

Request IAP

Guest mimmo72

To request IAP is necessary to wait for approach clearence. So, I wait for it and acknowledge vector clearence and do not change my HDG to request IAP. But when I try to select IAP voice in menu, the controller is very fast to say again vector clearence and page men

To request IAP is necessary to wait for approach clearence. So, I wait for it and acknowledge vector clearence and do not change my HDG to request IAP. But when I try to select IAP voice in menu, the controller is very fast to say again vector clearence and page men

Guest mimmo72

I running always 1X and I jave not delay from first approach contact and rwy expect. As soon as I contact approach, he tell me immediatly whic rwy I'll expect and tell me heading and FL to hold. I have not time to select IAP because controller repeat Heading and FL assigned.I try to send a .log tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi All,I id a flight and despite what jd has indicated after initial contact from approach clearence is given almost at once with descend and heading information.I once was able to get the IAP request button pressed however the loop had already started its next task.I will check again this evening.RegardsNorman Bowman

Hi All,I id a flight and despite what jd has indicated after initial contact from approach clearence is given almost at once with descend and heading information.I once was able to get the IAP request button pressed however the loop had already started its next task.I will check again this evening.RegardsNorman Bowman
the timer starts as soon as the initial contact. if it takes 50 seconds for the contact, the readback, the expect clearance, etc.it shouldn't matter. even if you are given one runway, a heading and an altitude, you can still ask for the iap approachjd

the timer starts as soon as the initial contact. if it takes 50 seconds for the contact, the readback, the expect clearance, etc.it shouldn't matter. even if you are given one runway, a heading and an altitude, you can still ask for the iap approachjd
Hi jd,I have re-read your initial post and would like to apologise for my misunderstanding of the situation.I can confirm that after the initial approach contoller contact you can then ask for an IAP approach.I took your comments to mean that after the initial contact ,you had 90 seconds inwhich to get in your request.You can in fact request an IAP approach at any point up to the final handoff to tower.RegardsNorman Bowman