Sign in to follow this  
DarkCharizma

New Racer Check-In

New racers should make a post here to say hi, so we know who you are, and can give you access to the private forum. We would however also like you to do a practice leg before we grant you access, for you to show your commitment to the team. Just do a leg in one of the practice threads, it doesn't have to be a full 2 hour race leg, a short one will do just fine. You might also want to reply to your post in this thread with a link to the leg post, so that we don't miss it!Welcome to the team! :(Some important links:New Racer FAQOfficial Around the World Race website

Hello!I'm completely new to this Round the World Race Forum, and I don't think I'm quite up for it in 2009, but I'd love to participate in 2010.However, I will try out some legs in the demo/practice threads, when I get home and find time--it will probably be a short leg.Questions: can you post a practice/demo thread anytime you want?Is the default P-51 Mustang eligible to compete?I might edit in more questions as I get them. :( Thanks!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Hello!I'm completely new to this Round the World Race Forum, and I don't think I'm quite up for it in 2009, but I'd love to participate in 2010.However, I will try out some legs in the demo/practice threads, when I get home and find time--it will probably be a short leg.Questions: can you post a practice/demo thread anytime you want?Is the default P-51 Mustang eligible to compete?I might edit in more questions as I get them. :( Thanks!
Hi and welcome!Even if you feel you can't help out and fly legs, there is still much more you can do to help the team out during the race.You can post in the practice threads whenever you want, and you can start a new one too if you feel like it I guess.I'm afraid that the default P-51 isn't eligiable, since it isn't a production model, but a special race version.

Awesome, thanks!Is there a list of commonly used aircraft or allowed aircraft besides the P-38 and the other A/C that I can't quite remember now? :(Thanks again!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Awesome, thanks!Is there a list of commonly used aircraft or allowed aircraft besides the P-38 and the other A/C that I can't quite remember now? :( Thanks again!
Last year, these aircraft were flown for at least 3 flights (I think they may be ordered by number of flights as well, but I'm not sure):(-51

Super, thanks DarkCharizma.Just a few more questions then I'll stop bugging ya, LOL.1. If I start a race, can I make up my own rules, like jets only?2. How do I use FSHost and Teamspeak?3. How do I see the private forum?Thanks so much!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

This race has very specific rules about allowed aircraft types and leg lengths. It is a relay race composed almost entirely of 700 mile legs with baton hand-offs made in the forum. There are required airports and required aircraft with specific leg distances that we have to fly as well as bonus airports that are released 24 hours prior to the start of the race. You can read more here: FS Round The World SiteFS Host is the software used to run a server and Teamspeak is a voice communications tool we use to talk to eachother.

Super, thanks DarkCharizma.Just a few more questions then I'll stop bugging ya, LOL.1. If I start a race, can I make up my own rules, like jets only?2. How do I use FSHost and Teamspeak?3. How do I see the private forum?Thanks so much!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro