Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Question regarding AI landing lights?

Hey guys, I am running all the WOAI packages, minus the military ones. I have noticed that some of the AI have really bad looking landing lights, while others not so bad, althought not great. What I would like to find out is what I can do to make them all use the same landing light from a model of my choice. I was under the impression that there is only one halo.bmp that is for all landing lights, however since a few if the AI seem to have different lights I guess that is not the case. I know this will be quite a chore since I have aprox. 60 -80 models in use. I would greatly appreciate the help in getting these lights squared away.Regards - Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey guys, I am running all the WOAI packages, minus the military ones. I have noticed that some of the AI have really bad looking landing lights, while others not so bad, althought not great. What I would like to find out is what I can do to make them all use the same landing light from a model of my choice. I was under the impression that there is only one halo.bmp that is for all landing lights, however since a few if the AI seem to have different lights I guess that is not the case. I know this will be quite a chore since I have aprox. 60 -80 models in use. I would greatly appreciate the help in getting these lights squared away.Regards - Sean
Sean,First, purchase from A2A, or get the packages from simmarket, the 3-d lights software for many aircraft. You can use these lights on AI aircraft. Then, go to the Alpha India Group site and find all the LIGHTS configurations you will need to use these lights on various AI aircraft models. Don't forget to also copy the Nicks smoke configurations.Once you have the lights installed and the configurations changed, you will be amazed how great these packages make your AI aircraft look day or night.fb

Thanks for the info fb. Is there anything I can do with the existing lights I already have. I am not sure that I want to get another light package, just use some of the default lighting and alter the lights the current AI use. For example some of the 737 landing lights look ok, but on another model of the 737 the landing lights are really yellow looking. What I want to do is see what cfg edit I can do to make all the 737 use the same light.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the info fb. Is there anything I can do with the existing lights I already have. I am not sure that I want to get another light package, just use some of the default lighting and alter the lights the current AI use. For example some of the 737 landing lights look ok, but on another model of the 737 the landing lights are really yellow looking. What I want to do is see what cfg edit I can do to make all the 737 use the same light.
Hi SeanI don't have an answer sorry, but I have similar issues with Traffic X AI and also just noticed on the FSX default A320, the solid halo effect that surrounds the fuselage where the landing lights are situated really is a mess.I've contacted JF but they haven't come up with an answer yet.I may try Config as well.WhiskeyBravo

Doesnt changing the halo.bmp and spotlight.bmp mess up the landing/taxi lights with certain addon aircraft?Graham

What I want to do is see what cfg edit I can do to make all the 737 use the same light.
I don't think an aircraft cfg edit to fix this is possible without Shockwave 3D lights because there are no landing light effects in the default FSX effects folder. Finding what textures apply and making modifications might be the alternative. With Shockwave 3D lights, cfg file changes for most WOAI aircraft have been posted on their forum.

Art

Can anyone remember if AI packages for FS9 had landing lights or strobes?Thanks.