Sign in to follow this  
Texas Hood

Eye point question

This is probably an easy question but before I do anything I want to ask. I would like to move the eye point in the VC a little, basiclly hat down one small bump and "Shift-Enter" twice (it's a personal thing). Any help with this would be great.Ryan Gann

This is probably an easy question but before I do anything I want to ask. I would like to move the eye point in the VC a little, basiclly hat down one small bump and "Shift-Enter" twice (it's a personal thing). Any help with this would be great.Ryan Gann
You said it yourself!......a assigned key in FS menu for up and down. Same as in 2D/ Leffe

Yes I know how to move the eyepoint which is what I always do, what I'm trying to do is set the default VC view in that spot so that I don't always have to set it up. Thanks

Yes I know how to move the eyepoint which is what I always do, what I'm trying to do is set the default VC view in that spot so that I don't always have to set it up. Thanks
Hi again!Well you could then use Active Camera (FS9) or Walk and Follow (FSX) and set up an preset view./ Leffe

I have moved the eyepoint in many of the planes I have and it is easy. Find the aircraft.cfg file in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG_MD11 folder. Make a copy of your aircraft.cfg file first. I usually label it default aircraft.cfg. Next go into the aircraft.cfg file and scroll down until you see the [VIEWS] section. Then it is just a matter of trial and error adjusting the numbers. Only make small changes because it will move a lot. PMDG has been kind enough to identify which number corresponds to which direction of movement. You will have to reload the aircraft after each change to see the change. Hope this helps.Edit: I should add if you are using FSX the aircraft folder is in a different location. You start in Sim Objects once in the FSX folder I think.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg