Sign in to follow this  

Missing AI aircraft

Help! For some unknown reason I've lost all my AI aircraft that show up as traffic in FS2002. My ACT still works OK and I can call up all my stored IFR flights and get ACT interaction. The only problem is ACT never calls any traffic even though I have my AI aircraft traffic set to 98%. I don't know how long this feature has been missing because I do not use the ACT function very often. I used to have all kinds of traffic when the sim was installed, but now, not one AI aircraft shows up on a flight. Does anyone know how I might have turned this feature off or, even worse, eliminated it?Buzz Jamesonbuzzmcs@accesstoledo.com

Check if the files 'default.dp' and 'default.cdp' are in your Aircraft Folder.

If default.dp is missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for default.dp and extract to the fs2002aircraft folder.default.CDP will be generated once you restart fs2002.

Thanks for the great tip. The files were missing and I found them in an old aircraft folder I saved. I moved the files back into my current aircraft folder and I now have my missing aircraft and ACT interaction back. Thanks again.Buzz Jamesonbuzzmcs@accesstoledo.com