Sign in to follow this  
JPFLIGHT

Just flight 757 captain

Hi everyone, i recently purchased the 757 captain from Just flight and i have been having a few problems and i wanted to know if others where suffering like me.1st is that Sometimes when loading from the free flight to flight section or when i have exited a flight and want to change model/airline FSX crashes2nd is that the autopilot doesn't seem to allow me to fly a 'manual' autopilot flight i.e. without the FMC, just changing the stuff on the glareshildWhilst i think that the plane model and graphics are amazing it seems that it has alot of faults inherited from its developers at Captain Sim that JF haven't corrected themselves.by the way i operated XP, 2.00gHz dual core, 1gb ram and 1gb nvidia 9500gt.If anyone could give me an insight into what is going on it would be much appreciatedHappy landings

Whilst i think that the plane model and graphics are amazing it seems that it has alot of faults inherited from its developers at Captain Sim that JF haven't corrected themselves.
As I understand it, Just Flight are just re-publishing the CS757, they wont change or update it in any way. It's just the original 757 with a Just Flight logo slapped over the Captain Sim one. With regards to the other issues you mentioned - this is a fairly complex addon and I suggest a read of the manual is in order - there is a way to 'manually' fly the 757 in autopilot without it reading FMC values. At least read the tutorial flight to give you an idea of how to control the bird.

thanks flilotUK, it looks like your right about uit just being repackaged.And as for the Nav. i will admit that after posting that little rant i did sit down with the sim and try to use the FMC, which i now am begininng to understand, bu that has brought forward another fault with the porduct. Not enough waypoints in its database. i was going to take it for a flight from Manchester to Malaga(something which is daily in the real world) but it couldn't find the first waypoint (BLN, Numpo, Exmor) so i gave up.Hope this helps anyone else who is the same as meJPFLIGHT

Guest SkullxBones
And as for the Nav. i will admit that after posting that little rant i did sit down with the sim and try to use the FMC, which i now am begininng to understand, bu that has brought forward another fault with the porduct. Not enough waypoints in its database. i was going to take it for a flight from Manchester to Malaga(something which is daily in the real world) but it couldn't find the first waypoint (BLN, Numpo, Exmor) so i gave up.JPFLIGHT
What is the flight plan you were trying to program into the FMC? My 757 database has 4 BLN entries. If you don't have any BLN's in your database try updating your nav data. There is a series of videos on youtube that I highly recommend for people learning the Boeing FMC. There are 9 of them in the series and they are very well done. Even though it's for the 737, you will be able to follow it in your 757.

The CS/JF 757 FMC will crash FSX if you do not either:A. Import your flight planB. Manually enter every waypoint, including all sid and star waypoints by hand.Do not use DEP/ARR page at all to insert portions of the flight plan or you will find yourself crashing down the road during the flight. Bottom line, until they fix it, the plane cannot be flown in a realistic manner. CS say they're going to fix the bug, but they've been saying that for at least 8 months now.