Sign in to follow this  
Digger57

Taxiway at night

The new show/hide taxiway add-on is very useful, but it's almost useless at night. I'm flying the PMDG 747 X (FSX) and have installed the Xeon taxi-lights, but I'm still having a hard time finding my way to the runway at night. Is there a way to make the purple cones/arrows that show the right taxi-route clearly visible in the dark? Any other suggestions, besides using the landing-lights (not very realistic and also generating a penalty in FSPassengers X) or not-flying-in-the-dark? JanEHGGthe Netherlands

Guest Lion

Hello Jan,From v5.56 the taxi route will be clearly visible (day and night times) by green central lights that guide you to the runway hold where a set of red lights are lit until you are cleared onto the runway, available at all airports with a dedicated ground control frequency.LionBeta tester The Netherlands

Guest BruceM
Hello Jan,From v5.56 the taxi route will be clearly visible (day and night times) by green central lights that guide you to the runway hold where a set of red lights are lit until you are cleared onto the runway, available at all airports with a dedicated ground control frequency.LionBeta tester The Netherlands
So I guess there is an update currently being beta tested? You also referred to an up coming adjustment to the ILS vectoring which I am definately looking forward to.

Hi there Lion,Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to the new version.Some other items that I think could use some attention: groundcontrol, compatibilty with Active Sky Advanced and the regularly occurring repetitive traffic instructions (even with the enroute-traffic-instructions turned off).VOX-ATC rules!!!Thanks again.greets,JanEHGG

Just a few other suggestions (I really like the product)Multiple parallel runway use for departures and arrivals (seems to work at some airports but not others)Departure control must be more efficient. Some wait lines become enormus. Get those plane into position as soon as landing/departing a/c are past the taxi and hold runway position.Ground cntl shold be calling for taxi and hold based on other a/c on the taxiways to prevent intersection collisions etc Landing traffic seems to magically disappear on approch. I suspect voxatc is trying to avoid a traffic conflict but conflict is sometimes a good thing, keeps it interesting.Need to see AI traffic for a much larrger radius when airborne.mix up those departure altitudes and transponder codes (6000 feet and 3030 are kinda boringIntermitant weather holds would be nice. (not scheduled holds or nothing)Stop trying to vector me into hillsides in moutainous terrain. I know I can program a sid/star, but some terrain avoidance should be built into the atc vectors.Hoping for and even better productLarry