Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Google goes evil

Ok... so I'm searching for something... go to google... type in my query and get the results.Every single link that showed up in the results is disabled and marked as 'malware warning'.All of them.Just do a google on avsim. Look for yourself. :)It doesn't matter what you search for... every single link returned is marked as a 'malware warning' and disabled.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... so I'm searching for something... go to google... type in my query and get the results.Every single link that showed up in the results is disabled and marked as 'malware warning'.All of them.Just do a google on avsim. Look for yourself. :)It doesn't matter what you search for... every single link returned is marked as a 'malware warning' and disabled.
Looks like a big in there software. I get inconsistent results. The first time I search for AVSIM I get the warning, I tried to search again, and get no warning. Then periodically it come back.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not now (15:24) it isn't!

Guess someone decided to wake up and fix it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guess someone decided to wake up and fix it.
I had the same problem this AM. Strange, but fixed now.RJ

It was on the news on the radio, Google was loading an update to it's malware list, and inadvertently set everything as malware. They have since corrected the issue!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Heh, well by declaring the entire interweb malware... they shut down their entire search engine for a few hours. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Heh, well by declaring the entire interweb malware... they shut down their entire search engine for a few hours. ;)
:( That Google slip-up gave me the chance to discover the existence of an amazing alternative search engine:- http://www.dogpile.com :(

:( That Google slip-up gave me the chance to discover the existence of an amazing alternative search engine:- http://www.dogpile.com :(
I forgot this was still around. :( I remember I first used it about 12 years ago

I forgot this was still around. :( I remember I first used it about 12 years ago
That was long my favorite search engine! I haven't used it myself for the last four years or so... :(I just did a Google Search for dogpile.com......then a dogpile.com Search for google.com...In both cases, they listed one another at the top of the heap... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator