Sign in to follow this  
javfn

Clip Question

Hello!In the left wing of some flight path vectors there is one bar that measures the difference between the current airspeed and the selected airspeed shifting upward and downward the wing: if it shows above the aircraft is below the selected airspeed and viciversa. I tried to clip or mask the speed bar but any method follow the flight path. Does someone know how to clip this moving speed bar or perhaps another trick?.I want to show only the green part of the speed bar as in the screenshot.RegardsJavier

My suggestion: use vector graphics instead, like I did for this Airbus HUD.See the images attached.Eric
Hey is the font custom drawn within GDI+ or what kind of font are you using there? It looks phenomenal, just incredibly realistic. Congrats for that. :(

Everything is drawn using GDI+, including the font.A friend of mine has designed the font to make it similar to Airbus displays.Eric

Hello!I thought in using polygons transformations increasing the length of the speed bar but probably it requires several different polys and I want to keep slim the velocity vector since it includes many other nested text elements that show up at different times and for the HUD to be fps friendly. I

Hi,Whatever element, try"<Element>..........Your Data..........<Clip> Top="xxx" Bottom="xxx" Right="xxx" Left="xxx" </Clip></Element>xxx=your coordinates.Hope it helps,Jan

Hi,I don't think <Clip> moves.Maybe you can use some masks.Jan

Nop, the problem is the same with mask or clip. Do you have a working speed bar in the HUD of yours? How did you make it

I think put the speed bar in another gauge could be a better idea but now how to shift it?Javier

I think put the speed bar in another gauge could be a better idea but now how to shift it?Javier
Hi Javier Try <Rectangle Width="n" Height="n" Color="0x80FF80" Bright="yes"> <HeightCode>(Your speed var, number) </HeightCode>Not shure if negative speed var numbers will work try it.

Paul EGLD

A growing rectangle looks like a good solution that requires only one clip, I thought it

Javier, Have you tried this? Nested within the velocity vector element ( the one moved ) nestle 2 more elements w/ masks. with only one or zero of those elements visible, within range etc... Not sure if it would work though i donot remember the rules exactly about a nested mask element with an extrernal shift/rotate. Eg.-ElementMY VELOCITY VECTOR STUFF DRAWINGS ETC>> NOT SHIFT OR ROTATE -Element -Visible only when "below" airspeed req. -mask -The drawing code for below airspeed -/Element-Element -Visible only when "above" airspeed req. -mask -The drawing code for above airspeed -/ElementMY VELOCITY VECTOR SHIFT/ROTATE CODE-/ElementGood luck! That is porobably the sweetest HUD I've ever seen for FS8 !Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hello!I have the shift code at the end of the velocity vector code as you suggest but I

Hey!, just in case negative numbers were not allowed, abs numbers can be used and with negatives rotate the rectangle.Javier