Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

Sneak Peak Of the PMDG MD10 in progress!

While I can't give my sources, I am posting the next Project in progress. Its nearly done...

Peter Osborn

Not April 1st but this is still an April Fools joke. We're not working on any steam gauge era airplanes like the "MD10".Pete 'Mac Paint'PMDG Graphic Designer

While I can't give my sources, I am posting the next Project in progress. Its nearly done...

Actually Pete the MD10 I believe is simply a DC10 that has been updated with MD11 Crt's and SOME of there more advanced avionics. I am pretty sure FEDEX flies them. I couldnt resist when I saw this fine piece of work.. Just say Get back for all those long years of waiting for The MD11. :( Love you guys.Capn Oz.Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Not April 1st but this is still an April Fools joke. We're not working on any steam gauge era airplanes like the "MD10".Pete 'Mac Paint'PMDG Graphic Designer
HMmmm...there's not one single "steam gauge" type instrument in that screen shot??? It's all CRT. PUHLEASE, the "MD-10" is NOT a "steam gauge" era aircraft. The venerable 707, 727 and 737-200 and DC-8 would be that. And, as to why you are not working on one...SOMEONE needs to do a decent 707! I wouldn't bother with Airbus...that's being covered. Why not a classic 707, done the right way (the 727, by DF, and 732 are covered)? I don't think PMDG should venture into Airbus at all. There is a developer who has spent much time on the Airbus systems and models and I doubt you could catch up, at this point (and it ain't AirlinerXP!!). A B777 would be the best bet...done PMDG style! That I would buy. Victor Buck

Guest tcable
HMmmm...there's not one single "steam gauge" type instrument in that screen shot??? It's all CRT. PUHLEASE, the "MD-10" is NOT a "steam gauge" era aircraft. The venerable 707, 727 and 737-200 and DC-8 would be that. And, as to why you are not working on one...SOMEONE needs to do a decent 707! I wouldn't bother with Airbus...that's being covered. Why not a classic 707, done the right way (the 727, by DF, and 732 are covered)? I don't think PMDG should venture into Airbus at all. There is a developer who has spent much time on the Airbus systems and models and I doubt you could catch up, at this point (and it ain't AirlinerXP!!). A B777 would be the best bet...done PMDG style! That I would buy. Victor Buck
Forget something big and long ranged.I want a new 737!Right now I have a stable of great long range jets.and a bunch of lousy short range ones.My Father in law is scheduled o fly from LFBD-LEMD-KBOS in a few hours. The smallest jet I have to fly that I like is the 763. He's flying on a CR2.I ant a high quality narrowbody- the Embraers that I have are kinda ugly IMHO. Certainly not PMDG quality.

He got the pic from the FlightSoft website that's on AVSIM's news page - I think.Good joke though - but I don't think any of us could believe that PMDG could come up with such nasty quality. Looks like something I'd've been happy with in FS2000 though :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)